Math 101: College Algebra
About this Course
Math 101: College Algebra is designed to be used to prepare you to earn real college credit by passing the College Algebra CLEP Exam. This course covers topics that are included on the exam, including linear equations, functions, graphing, matrices and more. Use it to help you learn what you need to know about algebra topics so you can succeed on the exam.
The algebra instructors are experienced and knowledgeable educators who have put together comprehensive video lessons in categories ranging from absolute value problems to exponentials to the classification of numbers. Each category is broken down into smaller chapters that will cover topics more in-depth. These video lessons make learning fun and interesting. You get the aid of self-graded quizzes and practice tests to allow you to gauge how much you have learned.
|Foundations and Linear Equations||Take a look at the different types of numbers, parts of a graph, linear equations, intercepts and standard form. Learn more about graphing an undefined slope, writing a linear equation and the system of equations.|
|Matrices and Absolute Value||Learn about a determinant of a matrix and absolute value. Study how to evaluate absolute value expressions, solve an absolute value equation, graph an absolute value and do transformations.|
|Inequalities||Discover what an inequality is, how to graph 1- and 2-variable inequalities, how to solve and graph an absolute value inequality and how to solve and graphing absolute value inequalities. Also take a look at set notation, compound inequalities and systems of inequalities.|
|Factoring with FOIL, Graphing Parabolas and Solving Quadratics||Examine parabolas. Look at them standard, intercept and vertex form. Learn about multiplying binomials using FOIL and the area method, factoring quadratic equations, completing the square, solving quadratic equation by factoring and solving quadratics that are not in standard form.|
|Complex Numbers||Study imaginary numbers and work with complex numbers. Learn how to add, subtract, multiply and divide complex numbers, along with how to graph complex numbers and how to solve quadratics with complex numbers as the solution.|
|Exponents and Polynomials||Examine the five main exponent properties, how to define a zero and negative exponent, how to simplify expressions with exponents, how to graph cubics, quartics and quintics and how to add and subtract multiples and polynomials.|
|Rational Expressions||Find out how to multiply, divide, add and subtract rational expressions.|
|Functions||Learn about transformations, the domain and range of a function and inverse functions. Find out how to add, subtract, multiply and divide functions and how to compose functions.|
|Exponentials and Logarithms||Study exponential functions and logarithms. Learn to evaluate logarithms and solve exponential equations and logarithmic equations.|
|Probability Mechanics||Discover how to solve logarithmic equations, what is factorial and what is the binomial theorem.|
|Sequences and Series||Learn about mathematical sequences and how to find and classify an arithmetic sequence, find and classify geometric sequences and calculate a geometric series. Also learn about summation notation and mathematical series.|
All Videos in Foundations and Linear Equations
- 1. What are the Different Types of Numbers?
- 2. What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
- 3. What is a Linear Equation?
- 4. Linear Equations: Intercepts, Standard Form and Graphing
- 5. Abstract Algebraic Examples and Going from a Graph to a Rule
- 6. Graphing Undefined Slope, Zero Slope and More
- 7. How to Write a Linear Equation
- 8. What is a System of Equations?
- 9. How Do I Use a System of Equations?
All Videos in Matrices and Absolute Value
- 1. What is a Matrix?
- 2. How to Take a Determinant of a Matrix
- 3. What is an Absolute Value?
- 4. How to Evaluate Absolute Value Expressions
- 5. How to Solve an Absolute Value Equation
- 6. Solving Absolute Value Practice Problems
- 7. How to Graph an Absolute Value and Do Transformations
- 8. Graphing Absolute Value Equations: Dilations and Reflections
All Videos in Inequalities
- 1. What is an Inequality?
- 2. How to Graph 1- and 2-Variable Inequalities
- 3. Set Notation, Compound Inequalities, and Systems of Inequalities
- 4. Graphing Inequalities: Practice Problems
- 5. How to Solve and Graph an Absolute Value Inequality
- 6. Solving and Graphing Absolute Value Inequalities: Practice Problems
All Videos in Factoring with FOIL, Graphing Parabolas and Solving Quadratics
- 1. What is a Parabola?
- 2. Parabolas in Standard, Intercept, and Vertex Form
- 3. Multiplying Binomials Using FOIL and the Area Method
- 4. Multiplying Binomials Using FOIL & the Area Method: Practice Problems
- 5. How to Factor Quadratic Equations: FOIL in Reverse
- 6. Factoring Quadratic Equations: Polynomial Problems with a Non-1 Leading Coefficient
- 7. How to Complete the Square
- 8. Completing the Square Practice Problems
- 9. How to Solve a Quadratic Equation by Factoring
- 10. How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
- 11. How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
All Videos in Exponents and Polynomials
- 1. What Are the Five Main Exponent Properties?
- 2. How to Define a Zero and Negative Exponent
- 3. How to Simplify Expressions with Exponents
- 4. Rational Exponents
- 5. Simplifying Expressions with Rational Exponents
- 6. How to Graph Cubics, Quartics, Quintics and Beyond
- 7. How to Add, Subtract and Multiply Polynomials
- 8. How to Divide Polynomials with Long Division
- 9. How to Use Synthetic Division to Divide Polynomials
- 10. Dividing Polynomials with Long and Synthetic Division: Practice Problems
All Videos in Functions
- 1. Functions: Identification, Notation & Practice Problems
- 2. Transformations: How to Shift Graphs on a Plane
- 3. What Is Domain and Range in a Function?
- 4. How to Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide Functions
- 5. How to Compose Functions
- 6. Inverse Functions
- 7. Applying Function Operations Practice Problems
All Videos in Rational Expressions
All Videos in Exponentials and Logarithms
All Videos in Sequences and Series
- 1. What is a Mathematical Sequence?
- 2. How to Find and Classify an Arithmetic Sequence
- 3. Finding and Classifying Geometric Sequences
- 4. Summation Notation and Mathematical Series
- 5. How to Calculate an Arithmetic Series
- 6. How to Calculate a Geometric Series
- 7. Arithmetic and Geometric Series: Practice Problems
Education Portal's 53 instructors bring a diverse array of experience and expertise to each course. From teaching philosophy in Athens, Greece, to exploring the mystery of genetics, each instructor is uniquely qualified to bring students the best online learning experience possible. Meet them now!
If you have a general question about Education Portal, please contact us at
For any media or press inquiries, please contact us at