Math 103: Precalculus
About this Course
Math 103: Precalculus is designed to help you prepare to earn real college credit by passing the Precalculus CLEP exam. This course covers topics that are included on the exam, such as functions, exponentials, linear equations and parabolas. Use it to help you learn what you need to know about precalculus topics so you can succeed on the exam.
The math instructors are experienced and knowledgeable educators who have put together comprehensive video lessons in categories ranging from how to use FOIL to factors to trigonometry. Each category is broken down into smaller chapters that will cover topics more in-depth. These video lessons make learning fun and interesting. You get the aid of self-graded quizzes and practice tests to allow you to gauge how much you have learned.
|Functions||Study functions to learn about transformations, domain, range and inverse functions. Also learn how to compose functions, evaluate composite functions and manipulate functions.|
|Exponentials and Logarithms||Learn about exponential functions and logarithms. Take a look at graphing, evaluating and solving equations with exponential functions and logarithms.|
|Inequalities||Explore set notation, compound inequalities, systems of inequalities and absolute value inequality. Learn how to graph 1- and 2-variable inequalities and absolute value inequalities.|
|Foundations and Linear Equations||Find out about the different types of numbers, parts of a graph, linear equations and system of equations. Study intercepts, standard form and graphing.|
|Factoring with FOIL, Graphing Parabolas and Solving Quadratics||Study parabolas and learn to multiply binomials and factor quadratic equations using FOIL. Also take a look at completing the square.|
|Exponents and Polynomials||Study exponent properties, define a zero and negative exponent, simplify expressions and use rational exponents. Additionally, learn about working with polynomials, graphing cubics and using long and synthetic division on polynomials.|
|Piecewise Functions||Examine piecewise functions and learn how to graph them.|
|Geometry||Learn how to solve visualizing geometry problems, calculate the volumes of basic shapes and us the Pythagorean Theorem.|
|Using Scientific Calculators||Explore how to use a scientific calculator to work with radians, degrees, trigonometry functions and graphs.|
|Trigonometry||Learn to graph sine, cosine and transformations. Also, study right triangles, the double angle formula and learn to solve trigonometry equations.|
|Graphing||Learn to graph reflections.|
|Rational Equations||Find out how to solve rational equations.|
All Videos in Functions
- 1. Functions: Identification, Notation & Practice Problems
- 2. Transformations: How to Shift Graphs on a Plane
- 3. What Is Domain and Range in a Function?
- 4. How to Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide Functions
- 5. How to Compose Functions
- 6. Inverse Functions
- 7. Applying Function Operations Practice Problems
All Videos in Exponentials and Logarithms
All Videos in Inequalities
- 1. What is an Inequality?
- 2. How to Graph 1- and 2-Variable Inequalities
- 3. Set Notation, Compound Inequalities, and Systems of Inequalities
- 4. Graphing Inequalities: Practice Problems
- 5. How to Solve and Graph an Absolute Value Inequality
- 6. Solving and Graphing Absolute Value Inequalities: Practice Problems
All Videos in Foundations and Linear Equations
- 1. What are the Different Types of Numbers?
- 2. What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
- 3. What is a Linear Equation?
- 4. Linear Equations: Intercepts, Standard Form and Graphing
- 5. Abstract Algebraic Examples and Going from a Graph to a Rule
- 6. Graphing Undefined Slope, Zero Slope and More
- 7. How to Write a Linear Equation
- 8. What is a System of Equations?
- 9. How Do I Use a System of Equations?
All Videos in Factoring with FOIL, Graphing Parabolas and Solving Quadratics
- 1. What is a Parabola?
- 2. Parabolas in Standard, Intercept, and Vertex Form
- 3. Multiplying Binomials Using FOIL and the Area Method
- 4. Multiplying Binomials Using FOIL & the Area Method: Practice Problems
- 5. How to Factor Quadratic Equations: FOIL in Reverse
- 6. Factoring Quadratic Equations: Polynomial Problems with a Non-1 Leading Coefficient
- 7. How to Complete the Square
- 8. Completing the Square Practice Problems
- 9. How to Solve a Quadratic Equation by Factoring
- 10. How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
- 11. How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
All Videos in Exponents and Polynomials
- 1. What Are the Five Main Exponent Properties?
- 2. How to Define a Zero and Negative Exponent
- 3. How to Simplify Expressions with Exponents
- 4. Rational Exponents
- 5. Simplifying Expressions with Rational Exponents
- 6. How to Graph Cubics, Quartics, Quintics and Beyond
- 7. How to Add, Subtract and Multiply Polynomials
- 8. How to Divide Polynomials with Long Division
- 9. How to Use Synthetic Division to Divide Polynomials
- 10. Dividing Polynomials with Long and Synthetic Division: Practice Problems
Education Portal's 53 instructors bring a diverse array of experience and expertise to each course. From teaching philosophy in Athens, Greece, to exploring the mystery of genetics, each instructor is uniquely qualified to bring students the best online learning experience possible. Meet them now!
If you have a general question about Education Portal, please contact us at
For any media or press inquiries, please contact us at