High School Courses
Find the course that's right for you in our collection of high school English, science, math, humanities and social science courses. We offer hundreds of entertaining video lessons to help you excel in any class. Read more
How It Works
- Choose a high school course: Select from among dozens of tutoring resources and study guides for your math, science and humanities coursework. We also have courses taught by guidance counselors and test-prep resources that can get you ready for a whole host of exams, including AP tests, state high school exit exams and the SAT.
- Watch entertaining video lessons: Illustrated videos lasting around ten minutes each make it easy to tackle any high school subject area one lesson at a time.
- Take practice quizzes and tests: Use our lesson and chapter quizzes to get a better idea of how well you understand the material. There are also practice final exams you can use to prepare for the real thing.
- Get help from our high school instructors: Our experienced teachers can answer questions about any high school subject.
Who Are Our Courses For?
- Students looking for study guides to help improve their grades
- Students who need help making college or career decisions
- Juniors and seniors preparing for exit exams or college admissions tests
- Teachers looking for materials to supplement classroom instruction
- Parents looking for resources to help teach homeschooled students
Why Our Courses Work
- Ease of access: Because all instruction is delivered online, you can work towards course completion at home or anywhere you take your mobile device.
- Expert instruction: Our experienced instructors use a teaching style that makes even the most difficult subject matter approachable and easy to digest.
- Progress tracking: As you work your way through a course, you'll be able to see how many lessons you've viewed and the number of quizzes you've passed.
- Course variety: Whether you're a high school freshman or a college-bound senior, we have courses that can help you meet each of your educational goals. Plus, you can access them all with just one subscription.
Browse Video Courses
Education Portal's 53 instructors bring a diverse array of experience and expertise to each course. From teaching philosophy in Athens, Greece, to exploring the mystery of genetics, each instructor is uniquely qualified to bring students the best online learning experience possible. Meet them now!
Jessica Bayliss, M.S.Jessica is our Director of Education and leads the development of Education Portal's courses. She has 10 years of experience in education and online teaching. Her work with students of all age levels drives her belief in the power of online resources to make higher education more affordable and efficient. Jessica's favorite part of the day is reading feedback from Education Portal's students. She has a bachelor's degree from the University of Illinois and a master's degree in instructional technology from Texas A&M - Kingsville.
Greg Chin, Ph.D.Greg has taught genetics, molecular biology, and general biology to high school, collegiate, and post-graduate students at Stanford University, the University of California, Los Angeles, Santa Clara University and the Dolan DNA Learning Center at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. He has also taught science workshops for the general public and led biology teacher enrichment workshops throughout the U.S. He received a B.S. in Genetics from the University of California, Davis, and a Ph.D. from Stanford University. Find out how your genes work in Greg's introduction to genetics video lesson!
Max Pfingsten, M.Ed.Max has taught classics, history and philosophy at a variety of levels at the Dikemes Academy in Athens, the Boulder Valley School District, University of Colorado at Boulder and the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy (IMSA). His work is noteworthy for its synthesis of technology and simulation with more traditional teaching approaches. He received a B.A. in Classics from Depauw University, a M.A. in Classics from University of Colorado at Boulder, and a M.Ed. from Jones International University. See Socrates come to life in Max's lesson on the life, death, and philosophy of the great Socrates.
- Meet all 53 of our instructors
If you have a general question about Education Portal, please contact customer support.