Accredited Esthetics Schools Online with Career Education Details
An esthetician is a skin care professional. Estheticians are trained to apply facials, body wraps, salt glows and other treatments. Estheticians may be self-employed, work in a salon or spa, or may assist a physician with treatments such as deep chemical peels. An esthetician must pass a certification exam and be licensed in order to practice.
How Can I Complete Esthetics Career Training Online?
There are currently no schools in the United States offering accredited esthetics programs online. Some colleges offer hybrid courses that allow students to complete theoretical study online; however, the study of esthetics requires hands-on learning. Many accredited esthetics programs are offered at community colleges, nursing schools and cosmetology schools located throughout the United States.
A certificate of achievement in esthetics can be earned from 2-year colleges. Coursework in the certificate program includes an introduction to cosmetology and skin care, science and salon management. College programs in esthetics provide training in disorders of the skin, skin science, sanitation, facial treatments, nutrition for the skin and esthetician theory and practice. Advanced training covers the use of Botox, chemical peels, microsclerotheraphy and dermal fillers.
Classes may be part of a cosmetology program unless a student wishes to seek esthetics training only. Many estheticians complete cosmetology courses to round out their training and increase their marketable professional skills. Some estheticians become make-up artists, while others may work in paramedical esthetics.
Training for Health Care Professionals
Certificate programs in esthetics are available at nursing colleges and online universities that teach the anatomy and physiology of the skin, wound assessment and wound management. Programs usually last six weeks. The program may count as a continuing education credit for nursing professionals who need to maintain their professional licensure.
Advanced training in esthetics for health care professionals focuses on the use of lasers used in cosmetic skin surgery. Students learn about different types of lasers and their applications. Training can be completed in mesotheraphy, or the removal of cellulite. Workshops are available in pain management and dermatology procedures.
Related to On Line Education and Esthetician
- Recently Updated
Medical esthetics is generally a specialized program available to previously trained estheticians. Continue reading for an...
Esthetics technologists require little formal education. Learn about the training, job duties and licensing requirements to see...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become an esthetics instructor. Get a quick view of the requirements as...
Learn about certificate and associate degree programs in paramedical esthetics. Read on to see enrollment requirements,...
- Esthetics Instructor Certification: Certificate Program Outline
- Are There Accredited Online Law Schools?
- Accredited Online Schools with BSN Programs: How to Choose
- Certified Forensic Scientist: Career Options and Certification Info
- Graphics Engineer: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Top University in San Jose, CA, for a Teaching & School Administration Degree
- ER Doctor Requirements: Info for Aspiring Emergency Room Doctors
- Accredited Online Schools with Doctoral Nursing Programs: How to Choose
- Accredited Online Schools with Chemistry Programs: How to Choose
- HVAC Controls Technician: Job Description and Education Requirements
- Alcoholism Counselor: Career Profile
- Top Ranked Master's in Public Administration Degree - Atlanta, GA