A+ Networking Certificate: Program Summary
Research A+ networking certificate programs. Get information about courses, certification requirements and career options to make an informed decision about your education.
A+ Networking Certificate
Students in A+ networking certificate programs acquire a broad range of computer skills and knowledge so they may obtain entry-level positions in the computer industry. They learn skills ranging from from analyzing how computer parts function to troubleshooting computer problems and implementing security systems. Graduates are prepared to sit for the Computing Technology Industry Association's (CompTIA) examinations for CompTIA A+ certification.
Admission requirements differ for each program. Some only require students to have a high school diploma or GED. Others require a specified amount of relevant professional experience or coursework in basic computer skills.
Hands-on learning is an essential part of a certificate program in A+ networking. Additionally, students gain communication and professional skills through some general education classes. Common core course topics may include:
- Computer networking
- Microsoft Windows
- Computer hardware
- Software design
- Information systems
Popular Career Options
According to CompTIA, A+ certification is part of the certification pathway for many computer corporations, including Microsoft, and it's mandatory for service technicians at some companies, such as Dell and Intel. Some government agencies may also require certain computer specialists to have their A+ certification. Additional education may be required for some positions, but common job titles of those who may seek A+ certification include:
- Help desk associate
- Field service technician
- Computer support specialist
Certification and Continuing Education Information
After completing an A+ certificate program, graduates may be prepared to sit for CompTIA's A+ certification exams. Applicants must complete two exams: one written and one practical. Individuals who obtained certification on or before Dec. 31, 2010 are certified for life. However, those who obtain certification after Jan. 1, 2011 must keep it valid by retaking the most current exams or participating in qualifying continuing education activities, such as attending seminars or publishing articles pertaining to the industry.
Many information technology jobs require additional education that can be attained through an associate or bachelor's program in a relevant field. Additionally, CompTIA offers other certifications, including those in specialty fields, such as green technology and healthcare technology.
Related to A+ Networking Certificate: Program Summary
- Recently Updated
People in Pomona who are interested in beginning a career in networking and telecommunications can learn the necessary...
Networking Degree: Top School with Degrees in Networking and Telecommunications Technology - Minneapolis, MN
The University of Minnesota - Twin Cities is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The school's College of Science and...
DePaul University has six campuses in the Chicago area, including Naperville, IL. DePaul's Loop campus, located 30...
See our list of the top free online computer networking courses. Learn about what courses are available and what...
- Employers Are Viewing Your Profile on Social Networking Sites
- Networking Degree: Top Ranked School for a Career in Networking and Telecommunications - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Conversation Counts: Improve Your Conversation Skills and Job Prospects
- Top Public Administration Degree Program - Irvine, CA
- Top Computer Information Systems Management Degree - Irvine, CA
- Top Pharmacy Technician Degree Program - Jacksonville, FL
- Top Ranked Public Administration Degree Program - Bakersfield, CA
- Online Study Group Lets You Learn 'With' IT Rather Than 'From' IT
- Game-Changer for Researchers: Education-Portal.com Speaks with Mendeley's Jessica Mezei
- Top Computer Information Systems Degree Programs - Long Beach, CA
- Top Ranked Pharmacy Technician School - Cincinnati, OH
- Top Accounting and Finance MBA Programs - Columbus, OH