Associate Degree in International Relations: Program Information
Research associate degrees in international relations. Get information on requirements, courses and job options to make an informed decision about your education.
Associate Degrees in International Relations
Associate programs in international relations examine world affairs from interdisciplinary perspectives. Specifically, students learn about the economical, historical, political, cultural, and environmental factors of various countries. They also examine how different countries and political systems operate and cooperate with each. International relations associate programs are mostly offered at colleges and community colleges, and the degree is typically offered as an Associate of Arts.
A high school diploma or its equivalent is generally required for admission. However, some schools may have special admission guidelines for applicants without these credentials.
In addition to general education core classes, students take several classes rooted in social science. Some programs may allow students to choose electives so they can focus their studies on a specific interest, such as history, business or environmental issues. Taking classes in a foreign language is required by some programs. Classes may include:
- Political science
- World civilizations
- Social science statistics
- Cultural anthropology
- Oral communication
- Global affairs
- Western civilization
- World geography
- Comparative government
Popular Career Options
The most job opportunities typically require an advanced degree. However, some relevant positions may be available for graduates with an associate degree. Some possible careers may include:
- Tour guide
- Travel writer
- Flight attendant
Continuing Education Info
Credits from an associate degree in international relations may transfer to a bachelor's program in the field. Associate programs can also lay a foundation for entry into a related field, such as political science or international business. After obtaining a bachelor's degree, students can continue their international relations studies at the graduate level in master's or doctoral programs.
Related to Associate Degree in International Relations: Program Information
- Recently Updated
Graduate programs in international relations that can be found online are typically available at the master's level....
A graduate program in international relations (IR) involves the study of international policy, economics and business,...
The field of international relations addresses the roles played by nations and their relationships with each other....
International relations is an interdisciplinary field of political science focused on diplomacy and foreign policy....
- Online Masters Degree in International Relations: Program Info
- International Relations Education Program Overviews
- Top Schools with International Affairs Degree Programs: List of Schools
- Top Master's Degree Programs in Accounting and Finance - Chicago, IL
- Top Computer Networking Degree Programs - Cincinnati, OH
- Top Ranked Business School - Jersey City, NJ
- Top Electronics and Electrical Engineering Technologies Degree - Atlanta, GA
- Job Description of a Counterintelligence Agent
- Certificate in International Relations: Program Information
- Top University with a Medical Office Management Degree Program - Philadelphia, PA
- Top Ranked Legal Assisting and Paralegal School - Cleveland, OH
- Top Ranked University with an Information Technology Major - San Francisco, CA