Associate in Applied Management: Degree Overview
Research associate's degrees in applied management. Get information about courses, requirements and career prospects to make an informed decision about your education.
Associate of Applied Science in Applied Management
Applied management degree programs help students build their analytical, organizational, management and professional skills. Upon completion of a program, students are prepared to create proposals, plan and implement improvements, analyze marketing needs and use business technology. Programs may give students the opportunity to specialize in a specific area, such as computers, finance, entrepreneurship, human resources or marketing. There are typically no special admission requirements for entrance into a program.
Course topics in an applied management program usually focus on managing and solving real-world business challenges. In addition, emphasis is placed on communication skills, teamwork, ethics and workforce diversity management. Students get a well-rounded education in business through courses in:
- Management principles
- Business law
- Human resource management
- Public relations
Popular Career Options
Applied management graduates learn various skills that prepare them for managerial positions in businesses and organizations. Graduates are also prepared to start their own businesses. Students may pursue management positions in various areas of a business. Job options may include:
- Human resource manager
- Public administration manager
- Franchise owner
Continuing Education Information
While the applied science degree is typically designed to prepare students to enter the job market right after graduation, students may also decide to continue their education. One option is to continue to a bachelor's degree program in management. Students may also consider continuing to a graduate program. Graduates can specialize in areas such as public administration, human resources or accounting when continuing their education.
Related to Associate in Applied Management: Degree Overview
- Recently Updated
Online degree programs in applied management are available at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree levels. All...
Working business professionals who want to enhance their capabilities with operational aspects of business management...
Bachelor of Science in Applied Management programs train students in technical business management, management...
Applied management is a general business program that discusses broad leadership and regulatory policies applicable to...
- Applied Management Engineering Education and Training Programs
- Doctor of Applied Management and Decision Sciences: Degree Overview
- Online Applied Management Undergraduate Degrees with Career Info
- Top Restaurant Management School - New York, NY
- Top Ranked Health Care Administration Degrees - Anaheim, CA
- Top Ranked School for a Degree in Marketing - Colorado Springs, CO
- Top Public Administration Degree Program - Charlotte, NC
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS): Merchandising Management Degree Overview
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS): Network Management Degree Overview
- Top Ranked Software Engineering Degree - Colorado Springs, CO
- Top Degree Programs in Business Marketing - Denver, CO
- Top Ranked University for a Business Accounting Degree - Dallas, TX