Associate in Architectural Building Engineering Technology: Degree Overview
Research associate degrees in architectural building engineering technology. Get information on requirements, courses and career options to make an informed decision about your education.
Associate's Degree in Architectural Building Engineering Technology
Associate's degree programs in architectural building engineering technology generally offer curricula that focus on building design and the fundamental components related to creating and maintaining structures. Through theoretical and practical coursework, students are provided with information on design, building systems, engineering, construction and technology. Students typically study mathematics and science, as well as gain skills in architectural drafting, technical writing, observation, communication and critical thinking.
Many programs also require students to learn about public safety and code requirements for buildings. Throughout a program, students may become familiar with aspects of planning, structures, environmental systems, electronic media and energy-conscious design while developing an historical appreciation of buildings and professional accountability for their designs. Some programs offer individuals the opportunity to participate in internship experiences.
Applicants to an undergraduate program in this field should submit high school transcripts. Many programs also require applicants have background knowledge in mathematics and sciences.
Coursework throughout an architectural building engineering technology program commonly provides students with the opportunity to develop skills in drafting, graphic communications, construction documents, construction techniques, materials and design. Students may study aspects of:
- Computer-aided design
- Construction management
- Building codes
- Information modeling
- Construction estimating
- Technical drafting
- Environmental systems
- Architectural sketching
- Technical communication
Popular Career Options
Students who graduate from an associate's degree program in architectural building engineering technology are prepared for technical and design support level careers in the construction industry. Individuals can find jobs at architectural firms and engineering firms or with contractors and surveyors. Graduates can find positions as:
- Architectural engineering technicians
- Senior drafting personnel
- Construction supervisors
- Building inspectors
- Architectural job captains
Graduates have the option of pursuing a bachelor's degree in the field. Bachelor's degree programs in architectural engineering technology prepare students for additional career opportunities, such as facilities managers, construction project managers, and designers of mechanical, structural or electrical elements in building construction projects.
Related to Associate in Architectural Building Engineering Technology: Degree Overview
- Recently Updated
Architectural building engineering technology programs combine aesthetics with technical aspects of building design....
Architectural engineering technology students are educated in design testing, computer graphics and building analysis....
Through architectural engineering technology programs, students learn about computer-aided drafting and design...
Long gone are the days of building houses with mud and straw. Nowadays, building construction is a massive and complex...
- Architectural Engineering Courses and Classes
- Telecommunications Engineering Technology Training and Degree Programs
- Online Engineering Technology Degree Program Info
- Top Public Administration Degree Program - Charlotte, NC
- Top University with a Bachelor of Psychology Degree - Colorado Springs, CO
- Top Ranked School for a Degree in Management Information Systems - Atlanta, GA
- Top Ranked University with Criminal Justice Degree Programs - Jacksonville, FL
- Bachelor of Biomedical Engineering Technology: Degree Overview
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Mechanical Engineering Technology Degree Overview
- Top Criminal Justice Degree Program - Colorado Springs, CO
- Top Ranked School for Electronics - Long Beach, CA
- Top Hospitality Management University Degree Programs - Phoenix, AZ