Associate of Applied Science in Business Office E-ministration
An Associate of Applied Science program in business office e-ministration does not exist. There are associate degree program options in administrative office technology that can prepare students for entry-level careers working with the types of technology utilized in everyday business offices.
Associate Degree in Administrative Office Technology
Associate of Applied Science degree programs in administrative office technology allow students to learn to operate basic computer hardware and software programs. Students will learn to use advanced database maintenance, spreadsheet graphing and desktop publishing techniques for commonly used programs like those in the Microsoft Office suite. These 2-year programs emphasize knowledge of basic office functions and improved communication skills so that graduates are prepared to work independently and as part of a larger team. Some schools offer programs entirely online. A prerequisite for entry into any undergraduate degree program is a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Courses are designed to ensure a student is prepared for immediate employment with training in all basic office technology and office functions needed in today's technology-centric business world. Coursework will provide students hands-on experience; topics may include:
- Word processing
- Desktop publishing
- Designing PowerPoint presentations
- Microsoft Access
- Office systems & procedure
- Integrated business applications
Popular Career Options
Because office technology skills are invaluable in the workplace administrative office technology program graduates are qualified to start work in a variety of types of offices. Some common jobs available to associate degree holders include:
- Administrative assistant
- Executive secretary
- Software application specialist
- Office assistant
- Office support staff
Though uncommon, Bachelor of Science programs in majors like office administration and technology do exist. This type of program - often partially or fully online - combines office skills with training in business administration to prepare graduates for management-level posts.
Related to Associate of Applied Science in Business Office E-ministration
- Recently Updated
Businesses require knowledgeable managers and administration professionals. An A.A.S. in Business Administration provides...
Research associate's degree programs in medical office management. Get information on required courses, career options and...
Training in a business office specialist certificate program may lead to entry-level positions in a variety of industries and...
Learn about Associate in Applied Science degree programs covering business information systems. Get information on degree...
- Salary and Career Info for an E-Business Manager
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS): Business Marketing Degree Overview
- Associate in Specialized Business: Medical Office Administration Degree Overview
- Crop Manager: Education Requirements and Career Information
- Online Audio Engineering Degree Program Overviews
- Jobs in Horse Racing: Career Options and Requirements
- Associate of Computer Programming: Degree Overview
- Associate of Business Administration (ABA): Office System Degree Overview
- Bachelor of Science in Business: Online E-Business Degree
- Automation Technician: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Online Principal Degrees: Programs for Aspiring Principals
- Associate of Business Science (ABS): Automated Accounting Degree Overview