Associate of Applied Science (AAS): Business Office E-ministration Degree Overview
An Associate of Applied Science program in business office e-ministration does not exist. There are associate degree program options in administrative office technology that can prepare students for entry-level careers working with the types of technology utilized in everyday business offices.
Associate Degree in Administrative Office Technology
Associate of Applied Science degree programs in administrative office technology allow students to learn to operate basic computer hardware and software programs. Students will learn to use advanced database maintenance, spreadsheet graphing and desktop publishing techniques for commonly used programs like those in the Microsoft Office suite. These 2-year programs emphasize knowledge of basic office functions and improved communication skills so that graduates are prepared to work independently and as part of a larger team. Some schools offer programs entirely online. A prerequisite for entry into any undergraduate degree program is a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Courses are designed to ensure a student is prepared for immediate employment with training in all basic office technology and office functions needed in today's technology-centric business world. Coursework will provide students hands-on experience; topics may include:
- Word processing
- Desktop publishing
- Designing PowerPoint presentations
- Microsoft Access
- Office systems & procedure
- Integrated business applications
Popular Career Options
Because office technology skills are invaluable in the workplace administrative office technology program graduates are qualified to start work in a variety of types of offices. Some common jobs available to associate degree holders include:
- Administrative assistant
- Executive secretary
- Software application specialist
- Office assistant
- Office support staff
Though uncommon, Bachelor of Science programs in majors like office administration and technology do exist. This type of program - often partially or fully online - combines office skills with training in business administration to prepare graduates for management-level posts.
Related to Associate of Applied Science (AAS): Business Office E-ministration Degree Overview
- Recently Updated
Research associate's degree programs in medical office management. Get information on required courses, career options...
Learn about Associate in Applied Science degree programs covering business information systems. Get information on...
International business encompasses a variety of disciplines, including trade, tourism, transportation and finance....
Learn about Associate in Applied Science in Business Administration programs with finance concentration options. Get...
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS): Business Administration (General Management) Degree Overview
- Salary and Career Info for an E-Business Manager
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS): Business Administration (Marketing) Degree Overview
- Top Ranked University for a Degree in Computer Drafting and Graphic Design - Henderson, NV
- Best International Business Degree Programs - Jacksonville, FL
- Top School for a Degree in Animation and Video Graphics - Anaheim, CA
- Top Degree Programs for Business Administration - Indianapolis, IN
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS): Business Marketing Degree Overview
- Associate in Specialized Business: Medical Office Administration Degree Overview
- Top Degree Programs in Business Marketing - Denver, CO
- Top Nursing School - Bakersfield, CA
- Top Degree Programs in Biomedical Engineering - Fremont, CA