Associate of Information Technology: Management Degree Overview
Information technology (IT) management is an expansive field of study that includes subtopics such as computing technology, programing and database technology. Several schools offer associate degree programs in subjects like information technology management or computer information technology.
Associate Degrees in Information Technology Management
Associate degree programs in IT management can provide students with the skills and knowledge to create websites, manage databases, provide customized software programs and support computer applications that store and deliver information. This includes Web content, graphic design, data storage and other computer programs and devices. Individuals applying to associate degree programs in computer or information technology management must typically hold a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Courses in these information technology management programs can teach students how to create and manage the software and hardware that delivers information to computer technology users. Students may also learn basic business communication and office support skills. Specific courses in an IT management program may involve:
- Principles of programming
- Web design
- A+ hardware
- Computer Networks
- Database management
- Product-specific programming
- C++ programming
Popular Career Options
An associate degree program in information technology management can prepare students for entry- or mid-level positions in information management, database administration and computer networking. Graduates may provide services as an employee of a computer tech firm or as part of a business's tech team. Common career opportunities could include:
- Junior programmer
- Software support specialist
- Program analyst
- Web developer
- Database developer
Continuing Education Information
After completing an associate degree program, students may choose to enroll in relevant bachelor's degree programs in subjects like information technology or technology management. At the graduate level, students may continue their studies through master's degree programs in information systems or information technology management. These programs can lead to more advanced professional positions, such as leadership or administrative roles in the field.
Associate degree holders may also be interested in earning certification through a number of organizations or product vendors, which could prove professional competency to potential employers. These 2-year programs can help students prepare to sit for certification working with Comp TIA or Microsoft products.
Related to Associate of Information Technology: Management Degree Overview
- Recently Updated
Fifteen miles south of Fremont, Santa Clara University grants undergraduate and graduate degrees in information...
A Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management program provides students with the knowledge to excel in...
A master's degree program in information technology management prepares students to serve as leaders in business,...
Information technology managers, or IT managers, work to oversee the technology systems in businesses, manufacturing...
- Masters Degree in Information Technology Management: Program Info
- Health Information Technician: Requirements for a Career in Health Care Info Technology and Health Info Management
- Applied Technology Management Jobs: Duties and Requirements
- Best Psychology Degree Programs - Albuquerque, NM
- Top University for a Degree in Computer Information Systems - Arlington, VA
- Best School for Health Information Technology Degrees - Chicago, IL
- Top Public Administration Degree Programs - Jacksonville, FL
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT): Network Management Degree Overview
- Doctor of Management: Information Systems and Technology Degree Overview
- Top Ranked Pharmacy Technician School - Cincinnati, OH
- Top Ranked University Degree Program in Child Development - Bakersfield, CA
- Best Degree Programs for Architecture and Architectural Drafting - Denver, CO