Associate of Management: Degree Overview
Learn about degrees in management. Get information on associate degree programs, courses, career prospects and advanced educational opportunities to make an informed decision about education.
Associate Degrees in Management
An associate degree in management can be offered as an Associate of Applied Science or Associate in Science in Business Management. These 2-year programs can teach students about concepts in financial management, communication and human resources and can prepare students to enter the world of business in entry-level management positions. For individuals interested in pursuing more advanced degree options, some programs may allow for a seamless transfer from an associate degree program to a bachelor's degree program. Typically, to study at the postsecondary level, a student must hold at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Such a program could include a fundamental business core, including basic subjects like finance, marketing and accounting, as well as a management curriculum, including subjects like labor relations and communication. Alongside general education courses, topics of study in a business management program could include:
- Financial and managerial accounting
- Human resource management
- Organizational strategy
- Business ethics
- Employment law
- Micro and macroeconomics
Popular Career Options
An associate degree program in management teaches about working with others, time management and how to promote a business. These are all skills necessary for entry-level management positions or to begin a business. An individual may qualify for careers like:
- Administrative service manager
- Office clerk
- Management trainee
Continuing Education Information
Beyond the associate degree level, students can enroll in bachelor's degree programs such as the Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. These programs may allow students to choose concentration options in various areas of business, including finance, accounting or marketing, and may also offer management as a concentration option. Master of Business Administration programs are also available and also commonly offer management specialization opportunities.
Related to Associate of Management: Degree Overview
- Recently Updated
Many students become floor managers or supervisors at their part-time job. Here are some tips to help you solve those...
Individuals interested in organizing or running an office may want to consider a career in office management. To work...
Learn about executive and graduate certificate programs covering international management. Get information about...
Financial management can be pretty daunting for students, whether they're just learning how to support themselves or...
- Land Management Careers: Job Options and Requirements
- Top Retail Management Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- List of Top Engineering Management Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- Best School for Multimedia and Graphic Design Degrees - Kansas City, MO
- Top CAD Drafting and Design Degree Programs - Houston, TX
- Top Ranked School for Information Technology - Jersey City, NJ
- Top Public Administration Degree Programs - Jacksonville, FL
- Conflict Management Careers: Job Options and Requirements
- Electricity Management Certification and Certificate Options
- Top University with Business Marketing Degree Programs - Indianapolis, IN
- Top School for a Degree in Psychology - Arlington, VA
- Top Ranked Graphic Design and Multimedia School - Arlington, VA