Average Tuition Costs for Online Nursing School
Many colleges and universities offer online nursing programs at the graduate level, though a few feature online undergraduate programs. The cost of these programs varies greatly and may depend on several factors, including state residency, previous education and nursing experience.
What is the Average Tuition Cost for Online Nursing School?
Nursing programs differ greatly, and students are encouraged to research precise requirements and fees for a program prior to enrollment. Very few schools offer a discount for programs completed online rather than on-campus, and the majority include many fees, such as clinical, application or documentation fees.
Based on the findings of U.S. News and World Report, average 2013-2014 per-credit tuition rates for in-state students ranged between $50-$3,807. The tuition for out-of-state students ranged from $210-$3,807.
How Long is an Online Nursing Program?
Programs vary in length and require 10-53 credits for completion, depending on the school, program, concentration or degree type. Some online master's degree programs allow students to specialize in nursing administration, education, family practice or anesthesia. Applicants are usually required to have a bachelor's degree and be licensed with the state.
Online programs offer flexibility to students by allowing part-time studies, and students can work at their own pace. Many online master's degree programs in nursing may be completed in 3-5 semesters. Some schools may require on-site practicums and lab work, or they may allow working nurses to count their professional experience towards course credit.
Students interested in a career as a registered nurse or licensed nurse practitioner must complete an accredited nursing program and receive state licensing. Typically, undergraduate programs require on-campus studies, though there are some exceptions. The majority of online nursing programs are at the master's level, which may include online-only coursework or a blend of online and on-campus studies.
Related to Average Tuition Costs for Online Nursing School
- Recently Updated
Nursing careers are one of the fastest-growing professions in the U.S. A degree or certification in nursing can prepare...
Each year, Education-Portal.com awards ten merit-based scholarships to students in fields ranging from health administration to...
Nurses work under the supervision of physicians in healthcare facilities, such as community health centers and hospitals....
A bachelor's degree in nursing is a step toward beginning a career as a registered nurse. After getting a bachelor's degree,...
- Nursing School: Top School for Becoming a Nurse - Sacramento, CA
- Geriatric Nursing Classes and School Information
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN): Integrative Degree Overview
- Associate of Information Systems Specialist: Degree Overview
- Master of Public Administration: Degree Overview
- Electronics Computer Technology: Trade School Diploma Program Summary
- BS in Alternative Dispute Resolution: Degree Overview
- Nursing Student Michelle Rex Wins Education-Portal.com's Textbooks for a Year Scholarship
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN): Nurse Midwifery Degree Overview
- Master in Health Sciences - Clinical Research Administration Degree
- Phlebotomy Degree Program Options
- Master of Accountancy (MAcc): Taxation Degree Overview