Bachelor of Architectural Building Engineering Technology: Degree Overview
Architectural building engineering technology programs combine aesthetics with technical aspects of building design. Bachelor's degree programs in this field can prepare students for careers as architectural or building engineering technicians.
Bachelor of Science in Architectural Building Engineering Technology
Bachelor's degree programs in architectural building engineering technology merge the art of designing buildings along with the basics of engineering and the technical aspects of construction. Students study architectural drafting, including the use of computer-aided design (CAD) systems. The curriculum might involve laboratory tests, construction site observation and coursework in building design. These 4-year programs are typically offered at technical schools, colleges and universities. Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED.
In addition to general education courses, students complete core courses in building design and technology. Students can gain skills in project management, municipal planning, real estate inspection and demolition. Some programs offer hands-on laboratory courses that focus on applying engineering principles and can prepare students for design and production work. Students might also take courses in physics, engineering and math. Typical core courses offered could include:
- Site engineering and planning
- Construction law
- Engineering economy
- Architecture design
- Structural analysis
Popular Career Options
Bachelor's degree programs in architectural building engineering technology prepare students for work in the construction industry at the design and support level. Graduates in technician or assistant positions work closely with architects and engineers who focus on electrical, mechanical or structural engineering. These jobs could be found in several types of firms and agencies, such as:
- Governmental agencies
- Engineering offices
- Architectural firms
- Contractor's offices
- Construction companies
Continuing Education Information
Graduates of 4-year programs in architectural building engineering technology can qualify for immediate employment or pursue additional education through a master's or doctoral degree program in architectural engineering. Those interested in becoming an architect could enroll in a professional Master of Architecture program, which typically meets state licensure requirements for the occupation. At the doctoral level, Ph.D. programs can give students the opportunity to research safer and more sustainable architectural practices and materials or prepare them for a career in academia.
Related to Bachelor of Architectural Building Engineering Technology: Degree Overview
- Recently Updated
Research associate degrees in architectural building engineering technology. Get information on requirements, courses...
Architectural engineers are required to apply science to theoretical designs and plans. Architectural engineers may...
Architectural engineering is a hybrid of the engineering and architectural disciplines. The process of becoming a...
Through architectural engineering technology programs, students learn about computer-aided drafting and design...
- Career Information for a Degree in Architectural Engineering Technology
- Communications Technology Classes: Top College with Programs in Communications Engineering Technology - Westminster, CO
- Architectural Engineers: Job Description and Requirements for a Career in Architectural Engineering
- Top Ranked Business School - Long Beach, CA
- Top Master's in Public Administration Degree Program - Long Beach, CA
- Top Accounting and Financial Management Degree Programs - Denver, CO
- Top University with an Information Technology Degree - Kansas City, MO
- Associate of Mechanical Engineering Technology: Degree Overview
- Associate of Electronic Engineering Technology: Degree Overview
- Top School for a Degree in Psychology - Arlington, VA
- Top University for Visual Communications and Digital Media Design - Los Angeles, CA
- Top Degrees for Human Resource Management - San Francisco, CA