Bachelor of International Business: Degree Overview
International businesspeople can work in fields like exports, international sales, distribution and trade shows. Bachelor's degree programs in international business usually prepare students by teaching them a foreign language and allowing them to study abroad. Students can find both Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts programs in international business.
Bachelor's Degrees in International Business
Undergraduate international business programs prepare students to conduct business or manage companies in a variety of global markets. By studying different cultures, individuals learn more about a country's literature, traditions, business history, labor relations and political systems. Programs may require that prospective students have a high school diploma or its equivalent, fulfill certain general education requirements or speak a foreign language before they are admitted to the 4-year program.
An international business program may have language concentrations where their studies are focused on the business aspects and current speaking trends of a language. Some schools also have partner institutions in other nations where students can learn. Program coursework could include the following:
- Business calculus
- Writing for business
- Information systems
- Marketing strategy
Internships required in undergraduate international business programs can give future global managers practical work experience that may turn into permanent job positions. Some areas of employment could include the following:
- Freight forwarding
- International sales
- Export administration
Continuing Education Information
After attaining a bachelor's degree, graduates could enroll in a master's degree program in international business where they might learn from international instructors. Certain programs are designed for students who already have managerial experience and could be completed in a little more than a year. Final projects could allow students to apply what they've learned in the program to an international business firm.
Bachelor's degree holders might also choose to earn their Master of Business Administration (MBA). Some international business programs give students the option of earning an MBA from an international school while completing an international business master's degree program in the U.S.
Related to Bachelor of International Business: Degree Overview
- Recently Updated
A Master of Business Administration in International Business can lead to careers like management analyst,...
International business degrees have become available and often required due to increasing globalization and the...
Learn international business with these free online courses. See the full list of free international business courses...
International business lawyers advocate on business issues that involve two or more sovereign countries. Cases...
- International Business: Top Rated University with an International Business Degree Program - Baltimore, MD
- International Business Certificate: Program Overview
- International Business Degree: Top International Business Program - Philadelphia, PA
- Top Ranked Business School for a Business Administration Degree - New York, NY
- Top School for a Degree in Public Administration - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Top School for a Degree in Paralegal Studies - Columbus, OH
- Best Degree Programs for Computer Networking - Milwaukee, WI
- International Business Courses and Classes
- Top Ranked School for International Business - Chicago, IL
- Top University with an Information Technology Degree - Kansas City, MO
- Top School for a Degree in Animation and Video Graphics - Anaheim, CA
- Top Ranked Communications Degree Program - San Francisco, CA