Bachelor of Science (BS): Management and Leadership Degree Overview
Research Bachelor of Science programs in management and leadership. Learn about concentration options, coursework, career prospects and continuing education options to make an informed decision about your career.
Bachelor of Science in Management and Leadership
A degree program that culminates in a Bachelor of Science in Management and Leadership can instruct students in the management principles and leadership skills necessary for employment in a wide variety of settings. Some academic institutions offer students concentration options to choose from, including areas like sustainable management and development, human resources management, marketing and public relations, organizational management and international business relations. Ultimately, students can be prepared to excel in the workplace in positions of management and leadership.
In general, a student seeking admission into a management and leadership B.S. degree program has earned a high school diploma or its GED equivalent. Some academic institutions prefer to admit students who have attained credit hours from an accredited postsecondary academic institution.
Within this type of degree program, students can be taught to manage resources using sustainable alternatives and can understand new ways of advertising and marketing, quantitative reasoning and employee motivation techniques. Courses can cover topics such as:
- Business communication
- Statistics in business
- Management operations
- Business economics
- Managerial accounting
- Management of human resources
- Business ethics
- Global business strategy
- Business finance
- Practice and theory of leadership
Popular Career Options
Program graduates can find a wide variety of career opportunities including education, business and government, since strong leadership and management skills are valuable in a variety of fields and industries. Graduates can become employed as:
- Human resources managers
- Advertising managers
- Public relations managers
Continuing Education Information
Upon successful program completion of such a program, a graduate can go on to earn an advanced degree, such as a Master of Science in Management and Leadership. Master of Business Administration programs also commonly include management concentration options. Obtaining a graduate degree can help professionals attempting to advance their careers. At the doctoral level, students may continue to study management or leadership studies. Completing a doctoral program can lead to academic or research positions in this field.
Related to Bachelor of Science (BS): Management and Leadership Degree Overview
- Recently Updated
Management is just one component of the field of leadership, a broader discipline. Online management degrees are offered...
Learn about Associate of Science in Management degree programs. Get information about courses, job opportunities and continuing...
Learn about online Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership degree programs. Get information on training programs,...
A Master of Science degree program in business management can offer students training in leadership roles, corporate planning,...
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS): Information System Management Overview
- Associate of Science (AS): Business Management Degree Overview
- Master of Science (MS): Technology Management Degree Overview
- Job Description of a Drilling Supervisor
- Master of Arts (MA in Business Communication): Project Management Degree Overview
- Associates Degree in Network Security: Program Information
- Architectural Design Major: Information and Requirements
- Associate of Business Science (ABS): Sports Management Degree Overview
- Master of Science (MS): Information Management Technology Degree Overview
- Online Soil Conservationist Classes and Courses Overview
- Deputy Coroner: Job Description and Education Requirements
- Careers in Animal Advocacy: Job Options and Requirements