Bachelor of Science (BS): Marketing and Advertising Degree Overview
Marketers and advertisers communicate the usefulness or desirability of a particular product to interest consumers in purchasing it. Through a Bachelor of Science in Marketing and Advertising program, students learn to present products and services to potential consumers to help them make ethical and practical decisions. While a program specifically with this major isn't available, students may enter into a marketing program with advertising topics incorporated into its curriculum.
Bachelor of Science in Marketing and Advertising
Through this type of bachelor's program, students can develop both a sound grasp of general business principles and marketing practices while exploring the modern technology and tools that can be used to more productively advertise. The curriculum commences with buyer behavior and an overview of fundamental business concepts, such as accounting, finance and business law. The program of study then progresses to the modern methods of marketing and advertising brought on by the Internet and other technological innovations. Students will explore social media marketing, collaborative advertising with technological services, Internet advertising and even viral campaigning. A high school diploma is required to begin the program, along with all college admittance requirements.
To enable students to achieve a tangible understanding of marketing concepts, realistic projects and internships are strongly emphasized within the program. Coursework may cover such topics as:
- Business ethics
- Brand management
- Advertising placement
- Marketing strategies
- Market research
Popular Career Options
With a degree in marketing, students are ready either to further their studies at the graduate level or attempt to enter the workforce. Advertising and marketing titles and tasks vary based on the needs of particular companies, but some titles include:
- Public relations representative
- Brand manager
- Advertising analyst
Upon completion of the bachelor's program, students can consider enrolling in degree programs at both the master's and doctorate levels. These graduate programs can greatly enhance students' overall business expertise while giving the option to focus their studies specifically on marketing aspects. Extensive independent study is necessary as students select particular marketing problems or points of interest to center their research.
Related to Bachelor of Science (BS): Marketing and Advertising Degree Overview
- Recently Updated
Research associate's degrees in marketing, which incorporate courses in advertising. Get information on requirements, courses...
Advertising involves using persuasive communication to promote products, services, organizations and ideas to a targeted...
Advertising and marketing are commonly misinterpreted as the same thing. While advertising is a part of marketing, and...
Marketing and advertising are two closely related fields of business involving the promotion of an organization or product to...
- Learn Marketing in the Blogosphere: 10 Top Marketing Blogs
- Advertising Manager: Job Description & Career Requirements
- How to Become a Marketing Executive: Education and Career Roadmap
- Online Occupational Therapy Assistant Associate's Degree Program Info
- Online Law Enforcement Certification and Certificate Programs
- Instructional Technology Specialist: Job Description and Requirements
- Flavorings Compounder: Education Requirements and Career Information
- Become an Advertising Copywriter: Education and Career Roadmap
- Careers in Beauty Marketing: Information and Education Requirements
- Criminal Justice Technology Jobs: Career Options and Requirements
- Health Care Technology Degree Program Overviews
- Associate's in Medical Insurance Billing & Coding: Degree Overview