Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA): Legal Studies Degree Overview
Students of a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) program with a concentration in legal studies explore the impact of legal issues related to business. In some cases, a BSBA in Legal Studies can be designed as a pre-law degree, though graduates can pursue other careers.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration With a Concentration in Legal Studies
Students enrolled in a BSBA in Legal Studies can gain a comprehensive business education, including training that develops their communication and critical-thinking skills. The program commonly includes general business courses, such as finance and macroeconomics. Major studies and electives give students the chance to delve into various legal aspects of business. By analyzing data and becoming familiar with the law, they learn to apply their legal knowledge to real-world situations. These programs typically take four years to complete.
Admission usually only requires a high school diploma. However, some schools might recommend or require specific math and pre-business courses before enrolling.
Introductory courses in a BSBA program help a student develop a strong foundation in writing and business fundamentals. Through concentration courses and electives, they can study subjects like business law and corporate crime. Additional course offerings can include:
- Hospitality law
- Environmental law
- Legal writing and research
- Cyber law
- Real estate law
- Business ethics
Popular Career Options
While graduates can continue their education to become attorneys, that is not the only career choice for an individual with a BSBA in Legal Studies. Supportive specialists, business managers, financial experts and other industry professionals can also benefit from these programs and might not require any further education. Some job titles for a law-trained business person might include:
- Estate planner
- Real estate professional
- Marketing manager
- Legal assistant
A graduate of a BSBA in Legal Studies program can enroll in a Master's of Business Administration program, which allows them to pursue specialized studies in a number of areas, such as finance, legal studies or management. Some schools let students tailor the program to fit their career needs or goals. Aspiring lawyers can pursue a Juris Doctor degree after earning their BSBA.
Related to Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA): Legal Studies Degree Overview
- Recently Updated
Graduate certificate programs in business administration provide training in management, accounting and finance....
If you want to study the fundamentals of business while learning how to make efficient use of technology, an ABS...
Research Associate of Science in Business Administration degree programs. Get information about courses and potential...
Research online graduate certificate programs in business administration. Get information about coursework, career...
- Salary and Career Info for Global Business Administration Professionals
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS): Business Administration (Finance) Degree Overview
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS): Business Administration (General Management) Degree Overview
- Top Criminal Justice and Corrections Administration School - Los Angeles, CA
- Top School for a Paralegal Studies Degree - Jacksonville, FL
- Top Ranked School for a Degree in Management Information Systems - Atlanta, GA
- Top Information Technology Degrees - Miami, FL
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): Legal Studies Degree Overview
- Top Ranked Pharmacy Technician School - Cincinnati, OH
- Top Ranked University Degree Program in Public Administration - Colorado Springs, CO
- Top Pharmacy Technician Degree Programs - Phoenix, AZ