Bachelor of Science in Technology Management (BSTM): Computer Aided Drafting Degree Overview
Research Bachelor of Science in Technology Management (BSTM): Computer Aided Drafting programs. Get information about courses, requirements and career options to make an informed decision about your education.
Bachelor's Degree in Technology Management
A Bachelor of Science in Technology Management may be called by other names, depending on the school. Whether called Bachelor of Advanced Manufacturing Management, Bachelor of Technology Management or something similar, all the programs teach students the managerial and technical skills they will need to work in a manufacturing environment. Courses in computer-aided drafting (CAD) are part of the curriculum and give students the knowledge required to work as drafters. With CAD software, drafters create technical drawings using specifications from architects, engineers and designers.
Many bachelor's degree programs in technology management are a collaboration between vocational schools or community colleges and 4-year colleges. Students take technical classes, including CAD courses, then transfer to the 4-year college to complete core academic requirements to earn a bachelor's degree. Students need a high school diploma or GED to enroll in this degree program.
Students in this program take courses that can prepare them for drafting careers in electronics, architecture, manufacturing and civil engineering. In addition to learning the basics of CAD, students gain knowledge of the design and manufacturing process. They also study business skills, such as marketing and business communications. Course offerings may include:
- Technical drafting
- Decision-making strategies
- Basics of electronics
- Materials and Testing
Popular Career Options
Students with a bachelor's degree and knowledge of CAD can work in many fields and positions, such as drafters and managers in a manufacturing environment. Career choices include:
- Aeronautical drafter
- CAD engineer
- Design engineer
Continuing Education and Certification
Graduates who want to further their professional knowledge can go on to earn a master's degree in technology management. These degree programs are designed to help students learn the leadership skills they'll need to start a technology business or advance to an executive position.
Although most employers don't require professional certification from drafters, holding credentials from the American Design Drafting Association (ADDA) can prove their knowledge and education. The ADDA requires continuing education so that certified drafters can keep their skills current.
Related to Bachelor of Science in Technology Management (BSTM): Computer Aided Drafting Degree Overview
- Recently Updated
Bachelor of Science in Technology Management (BSTM) programs in computer information systems (CIS) focus on providing...
Located at an elevation of 6,425 feet in the center of Colorado state, the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs,...
The College of Information Studies at the University of Maryland in College Park, MD, approximately nine miles away...
Learn about Bachelor of Science degree programs in applied technology management. Get information on required courses,...
- Master of Science (MS): Management of Technology Degree Overview
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Information Technology Management Degree Overview
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Management of Technology Degree Overview
- Top University with Public Administration Master's Degree Programs - Indianapolis, IN
- Top Ranked Communications Degree Program - San Francisco, CA
- Top Ranked Business School for a Business Administration Degree - New York, NY
- Top Ranked Master's in Public Administration Degree - Atlanta, GA
- Top School for a Career in Information Technology and Computer Systems Management - Orlando, FL
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Online Technology Management Degree
- Top Ranked Information Systems Security Degree Program - Long Beach, CA
- Top Degree Programs in Electronics - Anaheim, CA
- Top Ranked School for a Master's in Accounting Degree - Jacksonville, FL