Best Cardiology Schools: List of Top U.S. Schools
Cardiology programs begin with the basic understanding of core medical knowledge, practice and research. Several programs, like those offered at the University of Pennsylvania and Stanford University, provide medical residencies and fellowships to guide M.D.s through their medical education and career.
Top Cardiology Programs
1. University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA
Ranked fourth in internal medicine according to U.S. News and World Report, Penn Medicine's Department of Medicine offers 13 divisions of study and practice, including cardiology. Penn Medicine offers residency in cardiovascular surgery in the divisions of cardiovascular surgery and general thoracic surgery. The program, based on clinical research and application of surgical techniques, gives residents and fellows the chance to study in all three subspecialties of cardiovascular surgery, including adult cardiac, general thoracic and congenital heart surgery. Penn Medicine also offers a 3-year Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship program in which the third year is based on the fellow's specific interests within the field of cardiovascular medicine.
- Address: Edward J. Stemmler Hall, Ste. 100, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Phone Number: (215) 898-8001
2. Stanford University in Stanford, CA
Stanford University's medical school, ranked 11th in internal medicine by U.S. News and World Report, offers medical training at three levels, including medical education, residency and fellowship. Students with interest in cardiology will first follow a core curriculum, and eventually will have the opportunity to choose a scholarly concentration (SC) in one of the eight foundation areas; after choosing a foundation area, students have the option of applying what they've learned to a specific area of medicine, one being cardiovascular pulmonary. Once students have completed their medical education, they are ready for residency, during which they may rotate through cardiology consultation services at the VA hospital and the Coronary Care Unit at Stanford University. Finally, 3-year fellowships are available in the field of cardiovascular diseases with laboratory and clinical research requirements at the Palo Alto VA Medical Center; advanced fellowships are available in several specialized cardiology subfields.
- Address: 251 Campus Dr., Stanford, CA 94305
- Phone Number: (650) 723-6861
List of Universities with Good Cardiology Programs
|School Name||Total Student Enrollment||Address||Phone Number|
|University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center||896||5323 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 75390||(214) 648-5617|
|University of Washington||734||Health Sciences, Seattle, WA 98195||(206) 543-7212|
|University of Pennsylvania||698||Edward J. Stemmler Hall, Ste. 100, Philadelphia, PA 19104||(215) 898-8001|
|University of Alabama-Birmingham||685||1530 3rd Ave. S., Birmingham, AL 35294||(205) 934-2433|
|University of Michigan||660||Medical Science I Bldg., Ann Arbor, MI 48109||(313) 764-6317|
|Yale University||479||367 Cedar St., New Haven, CT 06510||(203) 785-2643|
|Stanford University||470||251 Campus Dr., Stanford, CA 94305||(650) 723-6861|
|University of Rochester||433||Medical Ctr., Rochester, NY 14642||(585) 275-4539|
|Cornell University||405||445 E. 69th St., New York, NY 10021||(212) 746-1067|
Related to Best Cardiology Schools: List of Top U.S. Schools
- Recently Updated
A cardiology technician, also sometimes referred to as a cardiovascular technician or an EKG technician, assists cardiology...
A cardiology administrator is a healthcare manager or administrator who specializes in the field of cardiology. He or she will...
Cardiology nurses are registered nurses who have specialized graduate education or clinical experience in cardiovascular...
Pediatric cardiologists specialize in treating infants, children and adolescents who have heart disease. Training to be a...
- Cardiology Degree Programs and Course Information
- Nuclear Cardiology Career and Salary Information
- Masters Degree in Cardiology: Program Information
- Online RN Refresher Course Information
- Health Policy Associate Degree Program Overview
- Pediatric Radiology Schooling Information and Requirements
- Careers in Curriculum and Instruction: Job Options and Requirements
- Cardiologist: Career Profile and Educational Requirements
- Pediatric Cardiologist: Job Description & Career Requirements
- PhD in Cell and Developmental Biology: Degree Program Overview
- Internet Search Engine Marketing Consultant: Job Duties and Requirements
- Online Spanish Language Certificate Program Information