Best Chemical Engineering Schools: List of Top Schools
Learn about two universities with leading chemical engineering programs. Find out about school rankings and degree offerings that make these schools among the best in the nation.
Chemical Engineering School Overviews
Students looking for the best schools to study chemical engineering have many options, including Arizona State University and the University of Florida. Both universities are large, public schools with undergraduate and graduate chemical engineering programs. Arizona State University is ranked as a top value school, and the University of Florida is ranked among the top 100 national universities.
1. Arizona State University in Tempe
The Princeton Review listed Arizona State University as one of the best colleges in the western United States. It was also listed as one of the best values among public schools in 2010. The engineering department at ASU offers chemical engineering programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Process design, modern separations, chemical reactor design and organic chemistry are some of the undergraduate courses.
2. University of Florida in Gainesville
The University of Florida was ranked #53 among national universities by U.S. News and World Report in 2010. This school offers chemical engineering programs at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels. Specializations are available at the graduate level in corrosion, polymer science, advanced materials, biochemical engineering and colloid science. Coursework includes cellular processes, cell mechanics, molecular basis of chemical engineering, continuum basis of chemical engineering, thermodynamics and interfacial phenomena.
List of Great Chemical Engineering Schools
|Florida State University||Non-chemical engineering majors entering graduate programs participate in a special transition program||Tallahassee, FL|
|Rutgers University - New Brunswick||Offers B.S., M.S., M.Eng. and Ph.D. programs in engineering||New Brunswick, NJ|
|University of Arizona||5-year accelerated B.S./M.S. In Chemical Engineering program||Tucson, AZ|
|University of California - Los Angeles||Teaching undergraduates is core part of the graduate programs||Los Angeles, CA|
|University of Houston||Offers a non-thesis Master of Chemical Engineering program for working professionals||Houston, TX|
|University of Maryland-College Park||Ranked #11 among public schools offering graduate engineering programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2013||College Park, MD|
Related to Best Chemical Engineering Schools: List of Top Schools
- Recently Updated
Find out how to become a chemical engineering consultant. Research the education requirements, and learn about the experience...
Students attending school as chemical engineering majors typically earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in chemical...
Chemical engineering involves the transformation of chemicals to develop a wide variety of manufactured products ranging from...
Through this online bachelor's degree, future chemical engineers learn to apply creativity and technical skills to become...
- Career Info for a Degree in General Surveying Engineering
- Engineering Psychology: Career Info, Job Duties and Requirements
- Doctor of Engineering: Environmental Engineering Degree Overview
- Top Houston University with an MBA Program in Finance
- Retirement Specialist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Top Rated Degree Program in Early Childhood Education - Memphis, TN
- Career Information for a Degree or Certification in Teaching
- Master of Engineering: Civil Engineering Degree Overview
- Career Information for a Degree in General Industrial Engineering
- Biological Chemistry Major Requirements and Career Information
- Sports Doctor Training and Education Requirements
- Career Development Specialist: Job Duties, Salary and Requirements