Car Painting Courses and Classes Overview
Associate degree and certificate programs in auto auto body repair, collision repair and painting or auto body technology offer car painting courses. Classes cover safety, preparation, application and troubleshooting. Students typically take car-painting courses for careers in auto body repair or painting.
List of Common Courses
Car Painting Safety Standards Course
Safety is important when dealing with chemicals and toxic materials during the car painting process. This course focuses on training students how to work safely with harmful products. The curriculum includes topics such as safe paint handling and safety gear use. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency laws and industry safety standards are stressed.
Car Body Analysis and Preparation Course
Proper preparation techniques prevent flaws in the finished product. Students learn about techniques for preparing rough and rusty surfaces, as well as general preparation for painted surfaces. Filling techniques, welding, panel replacement and metal straightening are covered, in addition to taping off and protecting metal and glass surfaces.
Automotive Painting Materials and Equipment Course
Paint mixing, matching and handling are the focus of this automotive painting course. Students explore the proper techniques for mixing the correct color in compliance with safety standards. Proper storage and disposal techniques are established. Discussion is initiated in procedures for laying undercoats and base coats, as well as finishing techniques. Equipment, such as spray gun operation, is addressed, as well as the proper spraying techniques for a desired look.
Automotive Painting Troubleshooting Course
Students learn how to spot possible problems on a car prior to applying the first coat of paint, correction techniques that occur during painting and fixing problems on a finished paint job. This course teaches students proper correction techniques and cures for application problems and defects.
Automotive Paint Application Course
This application course focuses on the techniques and procedures that are used to produce a professional paint job. Spot repairs, multi-stage finishes and special projects are introduced. Students learn to determine costs and time constraints. Most courses will include hands-on work painting a vehicle.
Related to Car Painting Courses and Classes Overview
- Recently Updated
Some automotive repair and maintenance shops employ individuals who have specialized skills in custom car painting. Many of...
Don't be another student who gets scammed by the car salesman.
Car mechanics are responsible for servicing and repairing automobiles. Mechanics work on brakes, engines, ignition control...
Vehicle painting - also called transportation equipment painting - involves cleaning, masking and painting. Painters may enter...
- Car Salesperson: Career Information and Education Requirements
- Salary and Career Info for an Armored Car Driver
- Professional Handyman: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Baking and Pastry Arts Certificate: Program Overview
- Become a Music Supervisor: Education and Career Roadmap
- Bachelor of Science (BS): English Degree Overview
- Associate of Computer Network Administration: Degree Overview
- Celtic Language Teacher Job Outlook and Requirements for Becoming a Celtic Language Teacher
- Emergency Room Nurse Job Information for Students Considering a Career in Emergency Room Nursing
- Human Services Professional Job Information for Recent Graduates Pursuing a Career in the Human Service Professions
- Distance Learning University Degrees in Crime Scene Investigation