Education-Portal.com Scholarship Terms and Conditions
Official Contest Rules for Education-Portal.com's scholarships, academic awards and contests. Please read carefully.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS. NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
These Terms and Conditions apply to Education-Portal.com's academic awards and scholarship offerings ('Contests') conducted and promoted by Remilon, LLC 100 View St. #202 Mountain View, CA 94041 ('Sponsor'). By participating in Contests, as either an entrant or a referring party, you agree to the Terms and Conditions stated herein. The term 'entrant' as used herein shall be used to refer to entrants in the Contests and/or referring parties.
CONTESTS ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE (A) AGED 16 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE, AND (B) CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN OR CURRENTLY APPLYING FOR A DEGREE, DIPLOMA OR CERTIFICATE SEEKING PROGRAM. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. CONTESTS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Officers, directors and employees of Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions are not eligible to enter the Contests or win a Prize.
1. TO ENTER: Submit an entry via web form on Contests information page during the Entry Period. Entrants will be required to provide their complete name and valid e-mail address and other required fields as indicated. Limit one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per Facebook account during the Entry Period. Multiple or duplicate entries from the same individual will be disqualified. Use of automated entry or similar devices to participate or subvert the entry process is prohibited, and all entries through such devices are void. Incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unintelligible or late entries that otherwise do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Entries are the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Contests are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. The entrant should be able to provide on request proof of eligibility. All entries must be received during the Entry Period to be eligible.
IMPORTANT NOTE: No entrant will be eligible to receive a Prize unless Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that all requirements for eligibility and as otherwise set forth in these Terms and Conditions have been met.
2. USAGE RIGHTS FOR ENTRIES: All entries become the property of Sponsor and may not be acknowledged or returned. Entries must include valid e-mail and mailing addresses for the entrant. Each entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the entrant, on the one hand, and Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation(s), advertising and promotional agencies, Facebook, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents ('Related Entities'), on the other hand, is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the entrant's decision to enter Contests does not place Sponsor or the Related Entities in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the individual's entry.
Sponsor and the Related Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contests, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, unavailable network connections on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contests or downloading any materials in this Contests. By submitting an entry, entrant agrees to abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Contests.
3. JUDGING CRITERIA: In Contests in which winning Entries are chosen by the Sponsor, Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of Sponsor-designated judges based on the following Judging Criteria: Originality, Creativity, Writing Skills, Inspiration. Additionally, the Sponsor-designated judges may consider Social Engagement (sharing and interacting through social media or other outlets) as a factor when selecting winning Entries. In all Contests, Sponsor decisions are final and binding.
4. SELECTION OF PRIZES: At the close of the Entry Period, the Grand Prize Winner will be chosen according to the process outlined in paragraph 3. Additional winners may also be selected at this time. These Winners will be eligible for the Prizes set forth in paragraph 4 below. Grand Prize Winners will not be eligible to enter subsequent iterations of the Contest for a year following their selection as Grand Prize Winners, but they are eligible to enter other Contests put on by the Sponsor. Additional winners may continue to enter all of the Sponsor's Contests.
5. PRIZES: Prizes vary by Contest. See official contest page for details.
Prizes are not transferable and Prize substitution will not be allowed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute one or more Prizes of equal or greater value. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Each Winner is solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, and all other unspecified expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of their Prize.
Contest winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). This will require Contests winners to provide Education-Portal.com with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
6. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Eligibility, age, claims and proof of enrollment in a degree, diploma, or certificate seeking program are subject to verification. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail after the close of the Entry Period and sent via U.S. Mail and/or e-mail an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and (where imposing such condition is legal) a publicity release, which Winners must sign as a condition to the award of any Prize. In the event the Grand Prize Winner fails to acknowledge the award of the Grand Prize within five (5) days of being notified of such award, or fails to return the signed affidavits sent by Sponsor within five (5) days of receipt, the Grand Prize Winner and will be disqualified, and alternate Winners will be selected through the same process described in paragraph 3 above. Checks made payable to the Winners will be mailed to their addresses once eligibility and compliance with these Terms and Conditions are verified. Sponsor is not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or other messages. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or e-mails made to entrants not by the Sponsor. The Prizes will be awarded only if they are properly claimed. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the 'Authorized Account Holder' of the e-mail address at time of entry. An 'Authorized Account Holder' is defined as the natural person 18 years of age or older who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential Winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the entry.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason Contests are not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor or the Related Entities that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of Contests, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Contests.
8. GENERAL: By participating in Contests, Entrants: (1) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions; (2) agree to release Sponsor and the Related Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in Contests or any Contest-related activity, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (3) consent to the use of their names, voices, pictures, and likenesses for advertising purposes in any medium throughout the world, whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity without additional compensation or right of review unless prohibited by law, (4) consent to the use of their entry responses for promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world, whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity without additional compensation or right of review unless prohibited by law,(5) agree that Sponsor owns all data and responses collected through this Contests and (6) Sponsor may discontinue Contests at any time. Sponsor may terminate any Contests or decide to modify it in any manner that it deems fair and equitable to participants if it becomes aware of any occurrence that would materially affect the Contests' security and fairness. Sponsor may prohibit individuals from participating in the Contests and disqualify entries if they (1) attempt to apply for the Contests through any means other than as described in these Terms and Conditions, (2) attempt to disrupt Contests or circumvent the Terms and Conditions in any way or (3) violate these Terms and Conditions. All of Sponsor's decisions with respect to Contests are final.
9. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in Contests, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and the Related Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in Contests or receipt or use of any Prize hereunder, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in Contests; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of Contests or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or death to a person(s) or damage to property which may result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in Contests or entrant's receipt, acceptance, use and/or enjoyment of any Prize. In no event shall Sponsor or the Related Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Each entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor and the Related Entities reserve the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Contests materials. Sponsor and the Related Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of Contests, the administration of Contests or in the announcement of the Winners, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a Prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor or the Related Entities are prevented from continuing with Contests, or the integrity and/or feasibility of Contests is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor's or the Related Entities' control (each a 'Force Majeure' event) the Sponsor and the Related Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contests without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor or the Related Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Contests as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor and the Related Entities reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the Prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
10. USE OF INFORMATION: The information provided in connection with Contests is being disclosed solely to Sponsor and the Related Entities, excluding Facebook, and may be used for Sponsor's internal, promotional, and advertising purposes and to send entrants information about Sponsor's products and special Contests. The submission of an entry constitutes permission to post each Winner's name on Sponsor's website and to use such Winners' names, hometowns and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising without further compensation or right of review unless prohibited by law. Clear avenues will be made available for entrants to unsubscribe from all further communication if desired.
11. Questions/Names of Winners: To ask questions about Contests, or to request the names and hometowns of the Prize Winners, Tweet us at @educationportal, write a question on our Facebook wall http://www.facebook.com/EducationPortalcom, or write us at Education-Portal.com's Free Textbooks for a Year Scholarship 100 View St. #202, Mountain View, CA 94041.
Related to Education-Portal.com Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Recently Updated
If you had to choose between a full scholarship and a guaranteed job, which would it be? We asked our Facebook fans which they...
Our Tuition Won't Stop Me Scholarship has finally come to a close and our winner, Letty Morales, will receive $1365 to help her...
Congratulations to our Tuition Won't Stop Me College Scholarship Winner, Letty Morales! Letty has won a guaranteed amount of...
Enter to win the chance to have Education-Portal.com pay for your textbooks for the next semester! Visit our Facebook page to...
- For Scholarship Recipients Saying 'Thank You' Is More Than Simple Manners, It's a Requirement
- Luci Prosapio and Zac DeLap, Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship Winners, Talk to Education-Portal.com
- Scholarship Spotlight: The Rhodes Scholarship
- Glazier: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Personal Trainer: Job Description & Career Requirements
- Top School in Chicago for Fashion Design Programs
- Top University in Baltimore for a Marketing Degree
- ROTC Member Jason Ofodile Wins Tuition Won't Stop ME Scholarship
- Help Jason Ofodile Win Up to $5000 in the TUITION WON'T STOP ME COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
- Top University in Salt Lake City for a Marketing Degree
- Managing Director: Job Description & Requirements
- Bridge Inspector: Job Description and Requirements