Cooking Adult Education: Common Culinary Courses that Adult Schools Offer
Cooking classes found at adult schools normally offer an array of topics designed for cooking enthusiasts and aspiring chefs. Courses in popular cuisine from around the world are commonly available, along with more unique lessons in such areas as cooking with cheese.
List of Courses
Indian Cuisine Course
In this introductory class students learn how to experiment with spices to create gourmet dishes using the amount of spiciness that they desire. Classic Indian dishes such as puri, pullao, chole, aaloo gobi and chicken curry are often taught during this class. Some classes also cover the medicinal and nutritional value of the ingredients used.
Foods of Italy Course
During Italian food cooking classes, students learn about authentic Italian ingredients and the techniques used in cooking masterful dishes. Courses often teach students how to make classic recipes, but classes may also explore cuisine that is equally delicious, yet lesser known. Foods from regions throughout the country are normally covered, as well as desserts and appetizers.
Flavors of Asia Course
Since the culinary traditions and cuisine of Asia are many, this course offers a broad perspective on foods from this region of the world. Students learn how to make a variety of authentic dishes, using techniques and ingredients that are unique to Asian cooking. Ginger, peanut sauce, water chestnuts, curries, soy sauce and different meats are among the ingredients normally used in an Asian cuisine cooking class.
Cooking with Cheese Course
Courses that teach students how to cook with cheese often cover what the various types of cheeses are before the food crafting begins. Semi-soft, rind-ripened, hard and fresh cheeses are some of the varieties students can learn about and work with. They discover how to prepare fresh, homemade cheese at home. Students may also cook different cheese-based dishes, such as cheese souffles, during this course.
Cooking with Spices Course
A course dedicated to cooking with spices teaches students the basics of when and how to use them and what flavors blend well to enhance the taste of food. Students analyze the taste, smell and texture of spices from around the world. During the class several dishes are prepared using the traditional spices they normally contain. Dishes may also be prepared using new spices to give them a different taste and to allow students to explore with their newfound knowledge.
Related to Cooking Adult Education: Common Culinary Courses that Adult Schools Offer
- Recently Updated
Cooking can be a fun hobby or a rewarding profession. A degree in general cooking or culinary arts can provide the necessary...
Currently, there are no U.S. colleges and universities that offer master's degree programs in cooking and culinary arts....
Students interested in studying cooking in Dallas, TX, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about the top local...
In Louisville, Kentucky, aspiring chefs and cooks can find training programs through Jefferson Community and Technical College....
- Culinary School: Top Ranked School for Becoming a Chef - Providence, RI
- Top Rated Culinary School for Becoming a Chef - Norfolk, VA
- Top Ranked Culinary School - Charlotte, NC
- Purchasing Agent: Job Description & Career Info
- Lease Consultant: Job Duties & Career Requirements
- Distance Learning Instructor: Job Duties & Career Info
- Sustainable Living Scientist: Job Outlook and Career Information
- Culinary Arts Certification: Certificate Program Overview
- Gourmet Chef: An Introduction to the Career Field of Gourmet Cooking
- Salary and Career Info for Certified First Assistants
- Vehicle Dynamics Certificate and Degree Program Information
- Patient Care Administrator: Job Description & Career Requirements
- Biomedical Engineering Top University for Becoming a Biomedical Engineer - Elk Grove CA
- Accounting Clerk Job Description and Requirements for Starting a Career As an Accounting Clerk
- EMT Training Minneapolis
- Agricultural Managers Job Description and Information About a Career in Agricultural Management