Cordova, Tennessee Education and City Information
Cordova, Tennessee is just on the outskirts of Memphis and close to Graceland, making tourism one of its major industries. Residents of Cordova may attend school at any one of the 17 universities and colleges within a 50 mile radius of Cordova, including University of Memphis and University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
Information about Cordova, Tennessee
Cordova is a community on the outskirts of Memphis and located in Shelby County. It forms part of the Memphis Tennessee-Arkansas-Mississippi metro area. It was named for a town in Spain. Cordova enjoys a community feel yet has the advantages of the attractions of nearby Memphis. There is a railway allowing for easy travel into the center of Memphis 5 miles away.
Cordova Economy and Industry Outlook
The industries providing the largest numbers of jobs are in service industries, manufacturing, wholesale, and retail. Waste management and administration also contribute significant numbers. Being so close to Graceland, Memphis has plenty of tourists who provide a significant source of income for local residents.
Cordova Educational Opportunities
The National Center for Education Statistics, http://nces.ed.gov, cites one college within Cordova, which is private, for profit.
Attractions in Cordova
No visit to Cordova would be complete without a trip to Graceland, the home of Elvis Presley. The area has more to offer than rock and roll memorabilia however. Cordova may be small, but it is home to Ballet Memphis, for those with a taste for the arts. There is also Memphis Brooks Museum of Art, Pink Palace Museum, and the National Civil Rights museum. Students of archaeology and anthropology may be interested in a visit to Chucalissa prehistoric Indian Village - an interesting day out, even for those who are not studying these subjects! Those in need of a day away from it all can relax in either Fuller State Park or investigate the trails in Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park. Among the 13,467 acres, visitors can enjoy camping, boating, fishing, swimming, hiking, or biking. The area also boasts several restaurants offering Chinese, grills, pizza, chicken, and even an English Pub.
Related to Cordova, Tennessee Education and City Information
- Recently Updated
See our list of the top free online tourism courses. Learn what courses are available and what topics they cover to...
If you're a college student who enjoys drinking alcohol every now and again (and again), you're probably aware that...
Research the requirements to become a health, safety and sanitation inspector. Learn about the job description and...
Learn about various aspects of health with these free online courses. See the full list of free health courses and...
- Master in Health Sciences: Emergency and Disaster Management Degree Overview
- Bachelor of Health & Fitness Management: Degree Overview
- Doctor of Health Administration: Degree Overview
- Top University for Visual Communications and Digital Media Design - Los Angeles, CA
- Top School for Business Degree Programs - Columbus, OH
- Best Degree Programs for Learning Electronics - Fort Wayne, IN
- Top Degree Programs in Biomedical Engineering - Fremont, CA
- Master of Health Administration: Degree Overview
- Health Technologist: Educational Requirements for Entering the Field of Medical and Health Technology
- Top Electronics and Electrical Engineering Technologies Degree - Atlanta, GA
- Top Business Administration Degree Program - Colorado Springs, CO
- Top School for Information Technology Degrees - Austin, TX
Perfect School Search
- Tennessee Cities
- Nearby States