Culinary Degrees: Top Rated Culinary School - Arlington, VA
Arlington, VA, has few schools with programs in culinary arts. Find the best program for you by reading about one of these schools' program offerings and tuition info.
Students in Arlington, VA, who are interested in learning culinary practices have limited options when choosing a school in this area. Based on distinction, student population and hands-on training opportunities, the following college is considered a top school in the Arlington area for culinary studies:
- Winner: Northern Virginia Community College is the only school within 50 miles of Arlington that offers culinary arts programs. Students can pursue a certificate in this field or enter an apprenticeship program.
School Info Chart
|Category||Northern Virginia Community College|
|Distinctions||Largest educational institution in Virginia*; second-largest community college in the U.S.*|
|School Type||2-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $3,677 (in-state); $8,411 (out-of-state)**|
|Culinary Programs Offered||Certificate|
|Culinary Certificates Awarded in 2012-2013||10**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2010 Entering Class||23%**|
|Noteworthy||Culinary apprenticeship program offered through an agreement with the National Capital Chef's Association Chapter, part of the American Culinary Federation|
Sources: *Northern Virginia Community College; **NCES College Navigator
Northern Virginia Community College
- Several culinary faculty members work as executive chefs
- Culinary studies combine class work with hands-on exercises in a state-of-the-art kitchen
- Apprenticeship students are prepared to take certification exams administered by the American Culinary Federation Educational Institute
Northern Virginia Community College, commonly referred to as NOVA, offers college credit and non-credit programs on nine campuses throughout northern Virginia and online. More than 51,000 students are enrolled in NOVA each year. The Hospitality Management Department offers culinary arts certificate of completion and apprenticeship programs.
Consisting of 31 credit hours, the Culinary Arts Certificate program teaches food safety and sanitation, cost control, culinary arts principles, nutrition and restaurant organization. Students practice their culinary skills on commercial equipment. The Culinary Arts Apprenticeship program teaches the culinary arts and management skills through hands-on learning. Students in this program must perform 6,000 hours of on-the-job training under a qualified chef in a restaurant, hotel or club, and subsequently complete two classes.
Related to Culinary Degrees: Top Rated Culinary School - Arlington, VA
- Recently Updated
Individuals can find a cooking class for virtually every type of cuisine available. Look at descriptions of a few of the common...
Learn how to become a professional prep cook. Research the education, career requirements and on-the-job experience needed for...
Find out how to become a chocolatier. Research the education and training requirements, and learn about the experience you need...
Working as a wedding cake decorator requires little to no formal education. Learn about the education, job duties and...
- Catering Chef: Employment Outlook & Education Summary
- Pastry Arts Teacher: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Pastry Bakers: Job Outlook and Info About Becoming a Pastry Baker
- Aviation Data Analyst: Job Description, Duties and Outlook
- Janitorial Training Coordinator: Job Description and Requirements
- Automotive Mechanic: Education & Career Requirements
- Top Computer Networking Degree Program - Little Rock, AR
Perfect School Search
- A - C
- D - N
- N - W
- Nearby States