Electronics Certificate: Computer Technology & Telecommunications Program Summary
Research electronics certificate programs in computer technology and telecommunications. Get information about courses and job prospects to make an informed decision about your education.
Electronics Certificate in Computer Technology and Telecommunications
This program provides students with a solid understanding of established telecommunications and networking concepts. Computer technology and telecommunications are just a few of the areas of emphasis in an electronics training program.
In addition to learning about telecommunications and network structuring, candidates develop an understanding of Internet and local area network composition, as well as telecommunications circuits and devices. Applicants are required to have a high school diploma or GED for admission.
Students learn through a combination of coursework and hands-on training in computer labs. Topics of study may include:
- Data communications components and techniques
- Networking technologies
- Procedure-oriented programming
- Network operating systems
- Technical writing
- Computer technology applications
- Electronic devices
- Programmable logic controllers
- Electronic design software tools
Popular Career Options
Completing an electronics certificate program with an emphasis in computer technology and telecommunications may provide job opportunities in many related industries. Some possible career titles may include:
- Cable installer
- Telecommunications equipment installer and repairer
- Wireless and satellite service installer
- Communication support technician
- Computer network support technician
Continuing Education Information
Graduates of this type of certificate program may pursue immediate employment in the telecommunications industry or may pursue further education and professional certifications. Those who choose to advance their education may enroll in associate's degree programs in electronics, electronic engineering technology or similar fields. The National Coalition for Telecommunications Education and Learning (NACTEL) is one of many organizations that work with various businesses to offer training to aspiring professionals.
Individuals who choose to join the workforce immediately may find advancement with experience, on-the-job training and certifications. Certification is a way for employees to demonstrate their knowledge and commitment to potential or current employers. Training programs often offer courses that prepare students for specific industry certifications, such as those obtained through product vendors or independent certifying associations.
Related to Electronics Certificate: Computer Technology & Telecommunications Program Summary
- Recently Updated
California State University - East Bay, located just seven miles from Fremont in Hayward, CA, is home to almost 13,000 students...
The University of California - San Diego offers several options for students to earn an electronics or computer...
With its primary campus situated on 230 acres of land just 25 miles from Fort Lauderdale in Coral Gables, FL, the University of...
An associate's degree program in electronics and computer technology prepares students for entry-level employment in both...
- Top School for Electronics and Computer Technology - Henderson, NV
- Top Degrees for Electronics and Computer Technology - San Antonio, TX
- Associate of Computer Electronics Engineering Technology: Degree Overview
- Become a Wardrobe Supervisor: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- Online Merchandising Management Degree Program Info
- Online Reading Specialist Degree Programs
- Online Associate of Arts Degree in Communication Studies