Fashion Marketing Manager: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
A fashion marketing manager is a professional that focuses on publicizing and increasing awareness of a particular brand, such as designer labels or department stores. Individuals employed as fashion marketing managers usually have extensive job experience and an undergraduate degree in an industry related subject, such as marketing or fashion merchandising.
Job Description of Fashion Marketing Managers
Marketing managers employed in the fashion industry are tasked with a variety of responsibilities. Individuals working as a fashion marketing manager often help create advertising campaigns and branding efforts. Fashion marketing managers may work for clothing companies, boutiques or outlet chains.
Fashion Marketing Management Duties
As part of their usual responsibilities, fashion marketing managers assist their employers with analyzing advertising campaigns and monitoring brand quality. Positions with larger companies or corporations often require fashion marketing managers to monitor the reactions of customers and retail outlets to new products and brand initiatives. Fashion marketing managers usually oversee a number of subordinate employees. They may be required to travel extensively in order to prepare new store openings. Fashion marketing managers are also in charge of branding and marketing new products.
Certain fashion marketing management jobs involve public relations. Occasionally, branding or public relations goals require the participation of partner organizations like stores or non-profit charities. Corporations with public stock available for purchase may use fashion marketing managers to handle investor relations and related work.
Education Requirements for Fashion Marketing Managers
A bachelor's degree is the minimum level of education necessary to secure a job as a fashion marketing manager. Students looking to enter a career in fashion marketing management should earn a degree in marketing, management or business administration. Employers might be willing to hire candidates without degrees who have substantial employment experience in marketing, management or the retail industry. Graduate education in subjects relevant to professional practice like business administration may lead to advancement.
Suggested Curriculum for Fashion Marketing Managers
While pursuing an undergraduate degree in marketing or management, students should consider classes in fashion merchandising and textile sciences. Students can also take classes relating to the operation of a business like accounting or finance.
Related to Fashion Marketing Manager: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Recently Updated
Research the requirements to become a fashion marketing director. Learn about the job description and duties and read...
Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in fashion design and marketing prepare students to not only design clothes, but...
Four-year programs in fashion marketing might award a Bachelor of Fine Arts; however, Bachelor of Science programs are...
A BFA program in fashion marketing and design combines the aspects of business with the development of clothing. Those...
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS): Fashion Marketing Degree Overview
- PHD in Fashion Marketing Degree Program Information
- Global Marketing Manager: Job Description and Career Info for Global Marketing Managers
- Top Ranked Computer Information Systems Management Degree Programs - Denver, CO
- Top Ranked School for Graphic Design and Multimedia - Cincinnati, OH
- Top Degree Programs for Sales and Marketing - Arlington, VA
- Top School for a Master's Degree in Healthcare Management - Charlotte, NC
- Fashion Marketing: Top School with Courses in Fashion and Apparel Marketing - Atlanta, GA
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Fashion Marketing and Management Degree Overview
- Top CAD Drafting and Design Degree Programs - Houston, TX
- Top Hospitality Management University Degree Programs - Phoenix, AZ
- Best School for a Public Administration Degree - Miami, FL