Finance Degrees: Top School for a Degree in Business Finance - Austin, TX
Students interested in studying business finance in Austin, TX, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about the top local schools' degree programs, tuition and ranking info to find the right one for you.
Best Business Finance Schools in Austin, TX
The best schools in the Austin, Texas, area to study finance are the University of Texas at Austin, Texas State University - San Marcos and Saint Edward's University. These schools were selected based on U.S. News & World Report rankings related to business and finance. The best school, the University of Texas at Austin, was ranked by U.S. News & World Report in its 2014 rankings as the 52nd best national university. In 2013, the university had the #6 undergraduate finance program and #14 graduate finance program. Texas State had the #194 undergraduate business program in 2013, while Saint Edward's University was ranked as the #15 regional university in the West in 2014 rankings.
School Comparison Chart
|Category||The University of Texas at Austin||Texas State University - San Marcos||Saint Edward's University|
|Rankings|| #52 national university (2014), |
#6 undergraduate business program in finance (2013),
#14 graduate business program in finance (2013)*
| #51 regional university in the West (2014), |
#13 top public school in the West (2014),
#194 undergraduate business program (2013)*
| #15 regional university in the West (2014),|
#3 up-and-coming school in the West (2014)*
|Location||Austin, TX||San Marcos, TX (29.8 miles from Austin)||Austin, TX|
|School Type||4-year, public||4-year, public||4-year, private not-for-profit|
|Tuition and Fees (2012-2013)|| $9,790 (in-state, undergraduate), |
$33,128 (out-of-state, undergraduate);
$10,918 (in-state, graduate),
$20,790 (out-of-state, graduate)**
| $7,732 (in-state, undergraduate), |
$16,858 (out-of-state, undergraduate)**
| $31,110 (undergraduate); |
|Finance Degree Levels Offered||Bachelor, master's and doctoral degrees||Bachelor's degree||Bachelor's and master's degrees|
|Finance Degrees Awarded (All Levels) in 2011-2012||310**||120**||23**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2006 Entering Class||79%**||55%**||69% (22% transfer-out rate)**|
|Noteworthy||Business school accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools Business (AACSB)||Accredited by AACSB||Offers an honors program|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report; **NCES College Navigator
Winner: University of Texas at Austin
- The Financial Analysts Program (FAP) is a 1-year program that offers undergraduate students an opportunity to work with graduate students and faculty members
- A business honors program is available
The University of Texas at Austin offers a Bachelor of Business Administration with a major in finance. Students in this program choose from either a general track or from specialized tracks in energy finance, corporate finance and investment banking, real estate, financial markets/banking, investment management or quantitative finance. Upper-division finance courses include banking and economic conditions, business finance, investment management, money and capital markets and international finance. Students are also required to participate in an internship and practicum.
UT at Austin also offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance with concentrations available in corporate finance, investment management, energy finance, real estate finance and private equity finance. The Ph.D. in Finance program admits 3-6 students per year.
Runner Up #1: Texas State University - San Marcos
- The Institute for Global Business offers students an opportunity to learn about international business
- Student organizations include the Financial Management Association and the Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting
- The Kappa Eta Chapter of the Beta Alpha Si (BAS) honor society at Texas State University - San Marcos has been recognized as a superior chapter by the national BAS honor society
Texas State University - San Marcos offers a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance that requires students to complete a minimum of 120 credits. Finance courses in the program cover topics in real estate, business finance, financial management, investment analysis, retirement planning, portfolio management, treasury and capital management. Students also have an opportunity to take part in an investment fund practicum.
Runner Up #2: Saint Edward's University
- Kozmetsky Center of Excellence in Global Finance hosts speakers and events on themes related to finance
- Facilities at the School of Management and Business include Trustee Hall, which features 15 technology-equipped classrooms and a 24-hour computer lab
Students enrolled in the finance major at Saint Edward's University learn how to apply financial theories and concepts into real world scenarios. The Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance curriculum includes finance courses in federal taxation, international finance, financial planning, financial management and real estate finance.
The MBA in Finance program features core coursework in accounting, financial management, global management, marketing and investment planning. Electives offer students an opportunity to learn about corporate finance, portfolio management, taxation and global finance. Students also must complete a capstone project.
Related to Finance Degrees: Top School for a Degree in Business Finance - Austin, TX
- Recently Updated
A graduate-level Business Finance Certificate gives professionals a solid understanding of finance. Certification from...
Business finance, often known as either corporate finance or simply as finance, deals with managing private or pubic...
Finance programs are found at most business schools around the country. Available at both the undergraduate and graduate degree...
Online business finance courses are available within degree programs at the associate's, bachelor's and master's degree levels....
- Business Finance Degree Program Overviews by Degree Level
- Top Ranked School for Accounting and Business Finance - San Jose, CA
- Top Degrees in Business Finance and Accounting - Las Vegas, NV
- Nurse Practitioner Vs. Masters Degree in Nursing: What's the Difference?
- Print Production Training and Degree Program Information
- Pharmaceutical Science Professions: Job Duties & Career Info
- List of Management PhD Programs & Info on How To Choose Schools
Perfect School Search
- A - E
- F - N
- O - W
- Nearby States