Free Online MBA Programs
Mar 30, 2010
Free online MBA programs? It may sound too good to be true, but free online MBA programs and courses are available to self-learners who are looking for a tuition-free business education.
Free Management Library's Micro-eMBA Programs
The Free Management Library provides free leadership and management resources that range from basic to complex. One of their most popular resources is their Free Micro-eMBA program. The program, which was created for entrepreneurs, leaders and managers, focuses on for-profit organizational and management development. Students who are interested in learning more about the nonprofit side of business should look at the library's Free Nonprofit Micro-eMBA. Both programs are self-paced and designed strictly for learning purposes. In other words, you study alone and will not receive a degree after completing the program.
MIT's Sloan School of Management Customized MBA Program
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the college's Sloan School of Management publish many of their programs' course materials online. The Sloan School of Management offers materials for more than 150 free graduate level business courses - enough to create your own customized MBA program. Most of the courses come with their own set of lecture notes as well as supplemental materials, including reading lists, assignments, exams, online textbooks and videos. Free undergraduate business courses are also available for self-learners who are not yet ready for an MBA-level course. All of Sloan's free courses are self-paced and can be completed online at any time. No official credit is awarded for completing a course, but users do get the satisfaction of learning something new from a world-renowned business school.
More Free Business Courses and Programs
There are several other colleges, universities and business organizations that offer free business courses and programs online. A few worth exploring include:
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania Small Business Development Center - The Pennsylvania SBDC Network offers more than 90 free, on-demand online programs in accounting, business management, business planning, finance, marketing, sales and other business-related topics.
- Small Business Training Network - The U.S. Small Business Administration provides a number of free online courses through their Small Business Training Network. Courses are self-paced and can be usually be completed in 30 minutes or less.
- OpenLearn Learning Space - The UK's Open University offers dozens of free online business courses through their OpenLearn project. All of the courses are self-paced and rated by other users so that you know what to expect.
Related to Free Online MBA Programs
- Recently Updated
The time it takes to complete an MBA program may differ based on the program format, since many options are available to...
A new survey just released by Kaplan Test Prep shows that MBA applicants still favor the GMAT over the GRE - even though most...
A taxation master's degree focuses on federal, state and local taxes. Graduates with a Master of Taxation or an MBA in Taxation...
A Master of Business Administration in International Business program typically covers finance, marketing and human resource...
- Jobs that Require an MBA: Career Overviews
- Salary for an MBA in Management: Average Earnings of Recent Grads
- Accounting MBA: Top School with an Accounting MBA Program - Spokane, WA
- Government Consultant: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Medical Microbiology Careers: Job Options and Requirements
- Commercial Producer: Job Description and Career Info
- Culinary Arts Vs. Restaurant Management: What's the Difference