Holistic Health Practitioner Certificate: Program Summary
An individual interested in enrolling in a holistic health practitioner certificate program can find similar or identical coursework and objectives in a holistic health care certificate program. This type of program focuses on natural remedies and balancing the body for the most beneficial path to complete health.
Holistic Health Care Certificate
A holistic health care certificate program teaches students alternative health methods and how to improve an individual's physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing. Students learn to incorporate conventional medicine practices with complementary methods. Many colleges and universities offer holistic health certificate programs.
Certificates offered through professional development programs sometimes require students to hold licensures in health or human services occupations. Other academic institutions prefer students to successfully complete certain courses or hold college degrees.
Holistic health care certificate programs provide students with the fundamentals of wellness and balance maintenance. Curricula often include required core classes that teach human health basics like anatomy and physiology, in addition to electives so that students can customize their learning to their individual interests. Some typical classes include:
- Healing psychophysiology
- Stress reduction methods
- Autogenic training principles
- Nutrition and wellness
- Anthropology of medicine
- Art therapy
- Naturopathic medicine
- Reflexology methods
- Massage therapy
Employment Outlook and Salary Info
Massage therapy is a major component of a holistic health care certificate program, and massage therapists use holistic health care principles in their work each day. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), between 2012 and 2022, employment of massage therapists is expected to increase a faster-than-average 23% (www.bls.gov). In May 2012, massage therapists earned an annual average salary of $40,350, the BLS reported.
Continuing Education Information
Individuals interested in pursuing their holistic health studies further can enroll in a holistic health bachelor's degree program, although they are rare in the U.S. Graduate degree programs in naturopathic medicine, Oriental medicine, or related fields are more common. Certificate programs are sometimes offered in conjunction with associate's degree programs.
Related to Holistic Health Practitioner Certificate: Program Summary
- Recently Updated
Learn about online programs for aspiring holistic health practitioners. Get information on requirements, courses, careers and...
Learn how to become a holistic health practitioner. Research the education requirements, training, licensure information and...
Learn about degree programs for the holistic health nurse practitioner. Continue reading for educational prerequisites, program...
A holistic health educator proactively assesses a community's health issues and promotes positive lifestyle changes by...
- PhD in Holistic Health and Medicine: Degree Info for Doctoral Students
- Online Degrees in Holistic Health and Medicine by Program Level
- Master's Degree in Holistic Health and Medicine: Program Summaries
- Work in Apparel Manufacturing: Options and Requirements
- Top Health Care Management Master's Degree Program in Houston
- Top School in Baltimore Offering Web Design Courses
- Tuition Won't Stop ME Scholarship Opportunity
- Bachelor of Science in Holistic Health: Program Overview
- Animal Holistic Health Degree and Training Program Options
- Top School in San Diego for Operations Management Courses
- Real Estate Transaction Broker: Job Description and Requirements
- Anesthesiologist: Education Requirements and Career Information
- Forensic Laboratory Technician Employment Information and Requirements for Starting a Career As a Forensic Lab Technician
- Online Wildlife Education
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration AABA Management Degree Overview
- Music Therapist Employment Information and Requirements for Starting a Career in Music Therapy