Human Resource Management Certificate: Program Overview
Read about certificate programs in human resource management. Learn about the individuals to whom such certificate programs cater, the curriculum often included, and the certification options available following completion.
A human resource management certificate program provides human resource professionals with advanced skills in their field.Read A program covers management strategies, workforce planning, employee rights, organization, training, recruiting, compensation systems, benefit programs, and labor relations. Students also learn methods for lowering risk in human resources and ensuring employee satisfaction while balancing that with the well being of the company. Additionally, students advance existing skills, allowing them to return to work and implement what they have learned right away. A baccalaureate degree may be required for admission.
Some programs have no education prerequisites. However, many schools do prefer students have a bachelor's degree when entering a program.
The curriculum of a certificate program is designed to help students learn how to handle human resource challenges and issues. Students prepare for professional certification through studying subjects from the HR Certification Institute Body of Knowledge. Some programs may be designed to meet the specific requirements for certification from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).Other topics covered in a program include:
- Performance management
- Human resource technology
- Training program design
- Employment law
- Human resource metrics
- Organization development
Popular Career Options
While a human resource management certificate is usually designed for those already working in the field, after completing a program, individuals may qualify for advancement or additional duties. Individuals are prepared for work in corporations, non-profit organizations, government agencies and small businesses. Completing a certificate program can allow individuals to:
- Qualify for certification exams
- Upgrade current certifications
- Move from another field to human resource management
- Qualify for promotion
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), a 13% increase in employment of human resources managers is expected between 2012 and 2022, which is about average compared to all occupations. The BLS reported in May of 2013 that these professionals received a median income of $100,800 annually.
Continuing Education Information
Many certificate programs prepare students for certification from the HR Certification Institute. The HR Certification Institute offers certifications based upon education, work experience and passage of an exam (www.hrci.org). Certification options include Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR).
Related to Human Resource Management Certificate: Program Overview
- Recently Updated
Washington, DC, has six schools with programs in human resource management. Find the best program for you by reading about one...
A human resource manager's main function is to recruit, hire and take care of the needs of an organization's employees....
Students interested in studying human resource management in Salt Lake City, UT, have many schools to choose from. Read on to...
Students interested in studying human resource management in Jacksonville, FL, have only a few schools to choose from. Read...
- Top Human Resource Management Degree - Albuquerque, NM
- Top Degrees for Human Resource Management - San Francisco, CA
- Universities that Offer Master's in Human Resource Management
- Renal Dialysis Nurse: Education Requirements and Career Overview
- Top Criminal Justice Degree Program - Colorado Springs, CO
- Top Medical Assisting Degree Programs - Chicago, IL
- Info on Becoming an Installation Contractor
- Top Degree Programs in Human Resource Management - Mesa, AZ
- Top Ranked Human Resource Management Degree Programs - Milwaukee, WI
- Top University in Atlanta for an Economics Degree
- Top University with Business Degree Programs - Jacksonville, FL
- Top Ranked School for Public Administration - San Antonio, TX