ICT Project Manager: Job Description, Duties and Salary
ICT project managers direct teams that solve problems and develop new ideas in the information and communication technology industry. The industry includes telecommunications, media, and information technology (IT), such as software and hardware development.
An ICT project manager is involved with an information technology or communications project from the planning stages through to the implementation of a solution. The manager assigns tasks, develops a time line, and sets the budget for the project. Other responsibilities involve coordinating meetings between team members and monitoring their ongoing progress. This professional must ensure the team has resources available to complete tasks - which may include materials, outside services, or additional workers.
During the planning stage of a project, the manager develops the scope and goals for the team during each step in the process. Planning also includes the development of criteria or measurable data to determine the success of a project. Prior to encountering any obstacles, it's important to establish contingency plans with backup resources and accommodations for prospective delays. As a project proceeds, whether or not changes occur, it may affect other departments and coordinators, who must become apprised of new developments; communication is vital as steps are checked off.
A project manager must resolve conflicts and obstacles to keep the project on track. During the implementation phase of a project, he or she must analyze the results against a defined set of criteria. It's then important to identify and correct weaknesses.
Throughout the project, a manager must provide sponsors or upper management personnel with detailed reports of the project's progression that include budgets, milestones and analyses of implementation. Supervisors may require the project manager to make changes to the project based on reports, feedback, and updates.
The salary of a project manager in the IT industry depends on the level of experience the individual has with managing teams and projects. According to PayScale.com, IT project managers earned between $53,506 and $131,385 per year as of November 2013. The median annual salary earned by such project managers was reported as $88,141 by the same source.
Related to ICT Project Manager: Job Description, Duties and Salary
- Recently Updated
A security project manager is challenged to design and implement a variety of security systems. A combination of formal...
For individuals interested in a career as a construction project manager, there are multiple construction management associate...
Research the requirements to become a commercial drywall project manager. Learn about the job duties and read the step-by-step...
Learn how to become a landscape design project manager. Research the job description, education and licensing requirements and...
- Construction Manager Vs. Architects: What's the Difference?
- How to Become a Service Manager: Career Roadmap
- Stage Manager Duties, Education Requirements and Career Info
- Universities Offering a Major in Finance and Investment: How to Choose
- Consumer Studies Professional: Employment & Career Info
- Victim Advocate School and Certification Information
- Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Technology Job Options with Salary Info
- Can You Become a City Manager With a Bachelor's Degree?
- Architectural Project Manager: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Financial Investment Advisor: Career Information and Requirements
- Teen Alcoholism Therapist: Employment Info & Career Requirements
- Salary and Career Info for Certified First Assistants