Import Export Coordinator: Job Description and Information About Becoming an Import Export Coordinator
Typical Import Export Coordinators have a bachelor's degree in Business and knowledge of both national and international procedures for receiving or delivering goods. They are able to work with their own team as well as retailers, distributors and salespeople to make sure trade operations run smoothly. Bilingual Import Export Coordinators are especially in high demand due to globalization.
Career Definition: Import Export Coordinator
An Import Export Coordinator can work in various industries and often arranges communications between sales groups and national or international customers. Import Export Coordinators are responsible for arranging shipments, preparing and confirming order approval, handling pricing information and releasing invoices. In today's world economy, Import Export Coordinators are needed by businesses that provide goods to other countries and are in increasing demand as globalization expands.
How To Become An Import Export Coordinator
Required Education For A Career in Import Export Coordination
Most Import Export Coordination positions require a bachelor's degree and knowledge of standard regulations that go along with various domestic and international protocols. Many Import Export Coordinators take a variety of courses in business, including global business management, documentation and management.
Skills Required for a Career as an Import Export Coordinator
Import Export Coordinators are required to have a great understanding of domestic and world economy. They must have strong communications skills and basic computer skills. They must also manage their own team while also coordinating with other teams, dealing with customers. Since most Import Export Coordinators interact with the international business community, being fluent in a foreign language can be helpful.
Career and Economic Outlook for Import Export Coordinators
Import Export Coordinators are always in high demand and becoming more so with the expanding role of globalization in our lives. According to Monster.com, Import Export Coordinators can expect to earn between $30-40 thousand per year, depending on the location of their job. There is not necessarily more demand on coastal cities because national and international businesses are able to coordinate from all over the globe.
Related to Import Export Coordinator: Job Description and Information About Becoming an Import Export Coordinator
- Recently Updated
Many businesses today take advantage of the global marketplace for importing and exporting goods. For this reason,...
An import-export license is mandated by various federal agencies. Gaining a license typically varies based on...
See our list of free import-export courses and classes. Learn about what courses are available and what topics they...
Online import-export courses teach students the important role that importing and exporting plays in the success of a...
- Import-Export Specialist: Job Duties, Requirements and Career Info
- Schools with Import-Export Degrees and Programs: How to Choose
- Student Coordinator Erika Williams Talks Alternative Spring Break with Education-Portal.com
- Top Ranked Psychology Degree Programs - Chicago, IL
- Top School for a Multimedia and Graphic Design - Colorado Springs, CO
- Top Ranked School for an MBA Degree Program - Cleveland, OH
- Top Business Administration Degree Program - Colorado Springs, CO
- Students Saving Lives: Education Portal Speaks With the Coordinator of EC-SAR
- How to Become a Sales Coordinator: Education and Career Roadmap
- Top Ranked Marketing Degree Program - Kansas City, MO
- Top Ranked International Business Degree Program - Columbus, OH
- Top Ranked School for E-Business Management - Kansas City, MO