Jobs for Graduates with a Bachelors Degree in Economics
Many jobs exist for graduates with a bachelor's degree in economics, such as accountant or bank manager. Business and finance are two examples of the many industries that offer career options to economics majors. Careers and salaries differ according to whether the bachelor's degree in economics is a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
What Types of Jobs are Available to Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree in Economics?
Graduates who majored in economics have plenty of employment opportunities to choose from. Financial analyst, management consultant, financial controller and credit analyst are some examples. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (www.bls.gov) states that the federal government has entry-level economist positions available to individuals with an economics background. While the majority of economics majors work in finance or business, many graduates also find work in other sectors. These industries include, but aren't limited to, government, medicine, academia, law, nonprofit and foreign relations.
Bachelor's Degree in Economics Information
Students can earn either a Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. Both of these majors learn about economic theories, models and systems and what factors affect buying and selling. The B.S. program emphasizes mathematics and quantitative analysis, while the B.A. program integrates more liberal arts courses and a foreign language requirement. Typical courses within the economics major include finance, econometrics, foreign trade, business economics, statistics, microeconomics, macroeconomics and economic systems.
Salary Information for Graduates with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics
According to PayScale.com in May 2010, graduates with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics had an annual salary between $47,000 and $80,600. The list below includes median salaries for the most popular jobs for economics graduates with a B.A.:
- Staff Accountant - $47,778
- Financial Analyst - $51,052
- Corporate Financial Analyst - $51,729
- Finance/Banking Business Analyst - $59,514
- Senior Financial Analyst - $71,870
- Management Consultant - $72,369
- IT Project Manager - $80,585
Salary Information for Graduates with a Bachelor of Science in Economics
Graduates who hold a B.S. in the subject earned between $42,000 and $110,00 annually, as PayScale.com reported in May 2010. The following list contains popular jobs for graduates with a Bachelor of Science in Economics and their median salaries:
- Banking Credit Analyst - $42,566
- Banking Branch Manager - $44,699
- Financial Analyst - $51,057
- General Operations Manager - $77,000
- Senior Financial Analyst - $79,220
- Financial Controller - $80,984
- Management Consultant - $109,945
Related to Jobs for Graduates with a Bachelors Degree in Economics
- Recently Updated
Prospective doctoral candidates in economics might consider their own academic accomplishments when choosing which Ph.D....
See our list of the top free online economics courses. Learn about what courses are available, what topics they cover and...
In 2008, Dan Ariely's first book, 'Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions,' popularized the field...
Understanding OCW Economics: Willem Van Valkenburg of the Delft University of Technology and Demand-Driven Open Education
The Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands is one of the world's premier technology and scientific universities....
- Top University in Atlanta for an Economics Degree
- Comparative Religion Courses: Information and Requirements
- Television Journalist Education Requirements
- Schools for Becoming a Claims Adjuster: How to Choose
- Schools for Aspiring Auto Insurance Appraisers: How to Choose
- Modesto, CA, City and Higher Education Info
- Schools for Aspiring Environmental Technicians: How to Choose