Linux Plus Certification and Training Program Information
Linux Plus is a specific program used by system administrators. Certificate programs provide training in Linux Plus installation, customization, networking and security, and they are offered by several schools.
Linux Plus Certificate
Training in Linux Plus requires education in specific Linux competencies. The program trains students to install, manage and work within a Linux environment. Some certificate programs offer one comprehensive course, while others include specific skill-based modules or classes. Some schools also offer online training options. Students must pass a certification exam to receive a Linux Plus certificate of completion.
These programs are designed for students with experience or basic knowledge in system administration. In addition, some schools recommend certifications or equivalent technical experience in A+ and Network+ prior to admittance.
The coursework in these certificate programs ensure students are proficient in Linux Plus and prepared for the industry's certification examination. Coursework trains students to manage computer systems and file systems, as well as understand Linux commands and devices. Some areas of concentration include:
- Configuration and installation
- File systems and hierarchy standards
- Package and file management
- Devices and commands for Linux Plus
- Administration and permissions
- System maintenance, backup and restore
- Managing Internet services for Linux
Employment Outlook and Salary Info
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), computer network, systems and database administrators held approximately 961,200 positions in 2008, with the highest number working in network and computer system administration (www.bls.gov). The BLS reported a 23% increase was expected for network and computer system administrators from 2008-2018 due to new technology demands.
Certificate programs prepare students to pass the certification exam in Linux Plus. Certification is available through the Linux Professional Institute or CompTIA. The Linux Plus certification consists of two exams with 60 questions each. In order to complete the certification exam, individuals must have about 12 months of experience working with Linux systems.
Related to Linux Plus Certification and Training Program Information
- Recently Updated
Learn Linux programming with these free online courses, tutorials and learning options. See the full list of free...
Linux is an open source operating system that is seen as the main alternative to the proprietary Unix and Microsoft...
See our list of the top free online Linux courses. Learn what courses are available and what topics they cover to find...
In the field of technology, becoming a Linux certified professional can set you apart from the other professionals....
- Top School for a Networking and Telecommunications Degree - Pomona, CA
- Finding a Balance Between Freedom and Job Security: Study Explores Contingent Faculty's Experiences Working Off the Tenure Track
- Associate in Security Management: Degree Overview
- Best School for Learning Digital Media and Multimedia - Phoenix, AZ
- Top Ranked School for a Degree in Human Resource Management - Irvine, CA
- Top School for a Networking Degree - Kansas City, MO
- Best School for Electronics and Electrical Engineering - Phoenix, AZ