List of Free Online Continuing Education for Business Professionals
See our list of the top free online continuing education courses for business professionals. Learn what classes are available and what topics they cover to find the course that's right for you.
Online Business Continuing Education Courses for Credit
Free online business courses consist mostly of lecture notes and readings, although some courses include student assignments. These will not be graded, however, since free online classes typically don't issue credit. Students who would like to brush up on business basics or prepare to continue their education in a degree program might want to opt for online resources that can lead to academic credit.
Education Portal's online business courses, for example, are taught by experienced educators and can prepare students to earn an alternative form of college credit at participating schools. For less than the cost of a traditional class, registered members can access course content in the form of short, illustrated video lessons and test their knowledge with the corresponding self-assessment quizzes. Lesson transcripts are also available and are free for everyone. Business courses include:
- Business 101: Principles of Management - This course focuses on the four functions of management: planning, organizing, leading and controlling. Learners study topics such as communication and motivation in the workplace, management versus leadership, group development and organizational change.
- Business 102: Principles of Marketing - Learn the four P's of marketing: product, place, promotion and price, as well as how to use advertising effectively. Videos are also available on product advertising, consumer behavior, social factors in marketing and international marketing.
- Business 107: Organizational Behavior - Explore the relationship between employee performance and workplace values and get tips for managing conflict. Lessons also address leadership and decision-making styles, organizational culture and organizational design.
- Business 110: Business Math - This course includes chapters on linear and quadratic equations, graphing, probability and statistics. Students can also learn how to calculate depreciation values and interest or conduct a financial analysis.
- Economics 102: Macroeconomics - In addition to measuring the cost of living and inflation, students learn about measuring the unemployment rate, calculating opportunity cost, adjusting wages for inflation and examining the difference between a recession and a depression.
Free Online Non-Credited Business Continuing Education Courses
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Cross-Cultural Leadership
- Global Strategy and Organization
- People and Organizations
- Practical Information Technology Management
Cross-Cultural Leadership can help business managers work effectively with employees both domestically and abroad. The course addresses the challenges of working outside one's home country, including working within the norms and customs of other cultures. Lecture notes, assignments and a final paper are provided.
Global Strategy and Organization can benefit business executives who make strategic business decisions with global implications. The assets and liabilities of doing business overseas are explored. Students will consider the challenges of overseas operations, cultural differences, distribution costs and outsourcing. The course includes lecture notes and assignments with no solutions.
During People and Organizations, students learn the challenges management professionals face as business leaders. This course includes lecture notes, readings and solutions. Practical Information Technology Management is designed to teach professionals how to incorporate information technology into business and encourage employees to engage in these changes. This course comes with lecture notes and student projects.
The Open University
- Creating an Ethical Organisation
- Equity Finance
- Implementing the Project
- Influences on Corporate Governance
Creating an Ethical Organisation discusses the framework of business operations as defined by regulations, economic policy, politics and culture. Students can access three main lessons, an activity and references. Equity Finance exposes users to various forms of equity finance including stocks, venture capital and private equity. The costs and benefits of going public versus staying private are also evaluated. The class includes eight smaller lectures paired with question and answer sections.
The Implementing the Project course is appropriate for project managers and anyone else in a supervisory role. The class looks at the tools necessary to maximize efficient project completion and emphasizes the importance of communication and monitoring. The course provides several lessons, example cases and activities.
Influences on Corporate Governance addresses the issue of corporate governance in light of recent corporate scandals. The relationship between good corporate governance and company performance is highlighted through lessons, tables and a couple of activity discussions.
University of California - Berkeley
The Big Short and Future of Finance, offered as a YouTube video, is presented by author Michael Lewis through the University of California - Berkeley Haas School of Business. The author discusses the future of finance, the many catastrophes the field has endured and how future business professionals can make changes. The video lasts slightly over an hour.
Related to List of Free Online Continuing Education for Business Professionals
- Recently Updated
Read about some of the best schools for business, which can help students prepare for leadership positions at public and...
Get an overview of an Associate of Arts (AA) degree program in business. Learn about required courses, career options and...
Feeling entrepreneurial? You don't have to be an MBA student to start a business in college. Read on for some tips and tricks...
Learn about the top schools for business, which can help students prepare for careers in management, finance, marketing and...
- Study Explores Student Views on the Future of Business
- Salary and Career Information for a Bachelors Degree in Business
- Part-Time PhD Programs in Business: How Do They Work?
- Aerospace Structural Engineer: Job Description and Requirements
- Top School in Spokane, WA, for a HR Management Degree
- Clinical Research Administration: Career Requirements, Salary & Duties
- Top School in Cincinnati for an Administrative Assisting Degree
- Limited Liability Corporations Offer Significant Advantages for the Student Business Person
- Business Owner: Education Requirements and Career Information
- Job Description of a Cafeteria Manager
- Top Degrees in Criminal Justice - Louisville, KY
- Industrial Engineering Technician: Job Description and Requirements