List of Top Robotics Engineering Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
Learn about the robotics engineering programs at two top schools. Find out about program highlights, school rankings and the similarities and differences between these schools.
While top robotics engineering programs are typically found at the graduate level, the University of Pennsylvania and Worcester Polytechnic Institute have undergraduate and graduate options. The University of Pennsylvania is an Ivy League school that offers graduate programs and undergraduate courses through its robotics lab. Worcester Polytechnic Institute is a small technical institution where you could pursue combined bachelor's and master's programs in robotics.
Top Robotics Engineering Schools
1. University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia
U.S. News and World Report ranked the University of Pennsylvania fifth among national universities in 2011. The university is made up of 12 schools, including the School of Engineering and Applied Science. The engineering department offers a Master of Science in Engineering (MSE) in Robotics. The program is administered through the General Robotics, Automation, Sensing and Perception (GRASP) Laboratory. In addition to a master's program, GRASP offers undergraduate courses in robotics.
2. Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Massachusetts
In 2011, U.S. News and World Report ranked Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) 64th among national universities and 94th among best engineering schools. WPI offers certificate programs, as well as bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs. The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department offers an interdisciplinary undergraduate program and a 5-year combined Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Robotics Engineering program. Master's and Ph.D. programs in robotics engineering are also offered.
|Carnegie Mellon||The university's Robotics Institute is the world-wide, largest university-affiliated research group in the area of robotics||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|University of Georgia||Freshmen can take robotics courses through the school's First-Year Odyssey program||Athens, Georgia|
|University of Southern California||University has two robotics labs where students and faculty can pursue a range of research interests||Los Angeles, California|
|Washington University in St. Louis||Master of Engineering in Robotics program can be completed in a year and a half; part-time study option is also available||St. Louis, Missouri|
Related to List of Top Robotics Engineering Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- Recently Updated
Robotics engineering programs train students to design autonomous vehicles using modeling and simulation processes. Online...
Mechanical engineering and robotics, while they may overlap, are not often available jointly in online form. While online...
Online master's-level instruction in robotics engineering can be found through broader mechanical engineering degree programs....
Learn about the job duties of a robotics engineer. Discover what education is necessary as well as salary and employment...
- Audio Engineer: Occupational Outlook
- Engineer: How to Become Licensed in the Field of General Engineering
- Mechanical Engineer: Mechanical Engineering Career Education
- Clinical Education Nurse: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Top University in Bakersfield, CA, for a Child Development Degree
- Major Gifts Coordinator: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Ultrasound Radiology Careers: Job Option and Requirements
- Engineering: Continuing Education for the Engineering Professions
- Requirements for Becoming an Architecture Engineer
- Internet Marketing Manager: Job Description and Education Requirements
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner: Job Description & Requirements
- Oceanographer: Job Outlook, Duties and Requirements