List of Top Robotics Engineering Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
Robotics engineering is a multidisciplinary field that combines computer science and mechanics. As of 2010, the majority of degree programs available in robotics engineering are at the graduate level, although some undergraduate programs and courses do exist, such as within the University of Pennsylvania and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
Best Schools and Colleges for Robotics Engineering
1. University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia
University of Pennsylvania has a long history, tracing its roots to 1740. By 1750, Benjamin Franklin and a board of trustees took over and initiated the school in its current incarnation. U.S. News and World Report ranked University of Pennsylvania number five in its 2011 Best Colleges list. The university is made up of 12 schools, including the School of Engineering and Applied Science. Within the Engineering Department, University of Pennsylvania offers a Master of Science in Engineering (MSE) in Robotics. The program is administered through the General Robotics, Automation, Sensing and Perception (GRASP) Laboratory. In addition to a master's program, GRASP offers undergraduate courses in robotics.
- Address: 1 College Hall, 34th and Spruce Streets, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6303
- Phone Number: (215) 898-6000
2. Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Massachusetts
Worcester Polytechnic Institute was founded in 1865 and boasts being one of the first technology universities in the U.S. For 2011, U.S. News and World Report ranked the institute number 64 in its Best Colleges list and number 94 among Best Engineering Schools. Worcester Polytechnic Institute offers certificate programs as well as bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs. Within the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, undergraduate and graduate students can pursue degrees in robotics engineering.
- Address: 100 Institute Road, Worcester, Massachusetts 01609-2280
- Phone Number: (508) 831-5000
U.S. Colleges with Programs in Robotics Engineering
|College/University||Total Student Population||Address||Phone Number|
|University of Georgia||34,885||Athens, Georgia 30602||(706) 542-3000|
|University of Southern California||34,824||University Park, Los Angeles, California 90089||(213) 740-2311|
|Washington University in St. Louis||13,575||One Brookings Drive, St. Louis, Missouri 63130-4899||(314) 935-5000|
|Carnegie Mellon||11,197||5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213-3890||(412) 268-2000|
Related to List of Top Robotics Engineering Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- Recently Updated
Robotics engineering programs train students to design autonomous vehicles using modeling and simulation processes....
Mechanical engineering and robotics, while they may overlap, are not often available jointly in online form. While...
Online master's-level instruction in robotics engineering can be found through broader mechanical engineering degree...
For trained engineers with visionary abilities, Robotics Engineering may be the perfect career pick due to the field's...
- Audio Engineer: Occupational Outlook for the Audio Engineering Professions
- Engineer: How to Become Licensed in the Field of General Engineering
- Mechanical Engineer: Mechanical Engineering Career Education
- Top School for a Paralegal Studies Degree - Jacksonville, FL
- Top University with a Master's in Public Administration Degree - Arlington, VA
- Top University with a Master's Degree in Health Administration - Birmingham, AL
- Top Ranked Master's Program in Educational Leadership - Dallas, TX
- Engineering: Continuing Education for the Engineering Professions
- Architectural Engineering: Requirements for Becoming an Architecture Engineer
- Top Ranked School for Information Technology - Jersey City, NJ
- Top Ranked School for Graphic Design, Digital Design, and Multimedia Degrees - Houston, TX
- Top Restaurant Management School - New York, NY