List of Top Robotics Engineering Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
Robotics engineering is a multidisciplinary field that combines computer science and mechanics. As of 2010, the majority of degree programs available in robotics engineering are at the graduate level, although some undergraduate programs and courses do exist, such as within the University of Pennsylvania and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
Best Schools and Colleges for Robotics Engineering
1. University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia
University of Pennsylvania has a long history, tracing its roots to 1740. By 1750, Benjamin Franklin and a board of trustees took over and initiated the school in its current incarnation. U.S. News and World Report ranked University of Pennsylvania number five in its 2011 Best Colleges list. The university is made up of 12 schools, including the School of Engineering and Applied Science. Within the Engineering Department, University of Pennsylvania offers a Master of Science in Engineering (MSE) in Robotics. The program is administered through the General Robotics, Automation, Sensing and Perception (GRASP) Laboratory. In addition to a master's program, GRASP offers undergraduate courses in robotics.
- Address: 1 College Hall, 34th and Spruce Streets, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6303
- Phone Number: (215) 898-6000
2. Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Massachusetts
Worcester Polytechnic Institute was founded in 1865 and boasts being one of the first technology universities in the U.S. For 2011, U.S. News and World Report ranked the institute number 64 in its Best Colleges list and number 94 among Best Engineering Schools. Worcester Polytechnic Institute offers certificate programs as well as bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs. Within the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, undergraduate and graduate students can pursue degrees in robotics engineering.
- Address: 100 Institute Road, Worcester, Massachusetts 01609-2280
- Phone Number: (508) 831-5000
U.S. Colleges with Programs in Robotics Engineering
|College/University||Total Student Population||Address||Phone Number|
|University of Georgia||34,885||Athens, Georgia 30602||(706) 542-3000|
|University of Southern California||34,824||University Park, Los Angeles, California 90089||(213) 740-2311|
|Washington University in St. Louis||13,575||One Brookings Drive, St. Louis, Missouri 63130-4899||(314) 935-5000|
|Carnegie Mellon||11,197||5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213-3890||(412) 268-2000|
Related to List of Top Robotics Engineering Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- Recently Updated
Robotics engineering programs train students to design autonomous vehicles using modeling and simulation processes. Online...
Mechanical engineering and robotics, while they may overlap, are not often available jointly in online form. While online...
Online master's-level instruction in robotics engineering can be found through broader mechanical engineering degree programs....
Learn about the job duties of a robotics engineer. Discover what education is necessary as well as salary and employment...
- Audio Engineer: Occupational Outlook
- Engineer: How to Become Licensed in the Field of General Engineering
- Mechanical Engineer: Mechanical Engineering Career Education
- Purchasing Agent: Job Description & Career Info
- Financial Investment Advisor: Career Information and Requirements
- Schools with a Masters in Dental Administration: How to Choose
- Elementary Physical Education Job Descriptions, Duties and Requirements