List of the Top Gunsmithing Schools in the U.S.
Gunsmithing is the study of how to modify, build, design and repair firearms. The trade is a combination of mathematics, chemistry, metalworking, ballistics and woodworking. Gunsmiths can be employed in shops, sport stories, armories and factories. Many community colleges offer training programs, fellowships, internships and externships along with certificate and associate degree programs for gunsmithing.
Top Gunsmithing Schools in the U.S.
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Yavapai College offers a journeyman certificate and an associate's degree in gunsmithing. Special requirements have to be met as set out by the Board of Registrar to enter the programs. Classes include machine shop, rifle theory, metal refinishing, stockmaking, entrepreneurship, advanced machining and rebarreling. Students who do not already possess the necessary tools will have to purchase them. The costs for the tools can vary, but are generally around $3,000 for all of the necessary career implements.
- Address: 1100 E Sheldon St., Prescott, Arizona 86301
- Phone Number: (928) 445-7300
Piedmont Technical College
Piedmont Technical College offers normal certificates and advanced certificates for students interested in a gunsmithing education. The gunsmithing certificate program is offered during the day and in the evening. A background check is required to enter the program along with the purchase of tools and materials for the class. One of the projects in the program is for students to build a pistol, rifle or shotgun. Gunsmithing techniques, handgun technology, rifle stockmaking, barrel fitting, barrel alteration, gunmetal finishing and advanced repair technology are courses that have to be completed in the advanced gunsmithing certificate program.
- Address: 620 North Emerald Rd., Greenwood, South Carolina 29646
- Phone Number: (864) 941-8324
A List of the Five Great Gunsmithing School
|School Name||Total Student Enrollment||Address||Phone Number|
|Yavapai College||8,276||1100 E. Sheldon St., Prescott, Arizona 86301||(928) 445-7300|
|Piedmont Technical College||5,566||620 North Emerald Rd., Greenwood, South Carolina 29646||(864) 941-8324|
|Piedmont Community College||2,874||1715 College Dr., Roxboro, North Carolina 27573||(336) 599-1181 x221|
|Murray State College||2,604||One Murray Campus, Tishomingo, Oklahoma 73460||(580) 371-2371|
|Trinidad State Junior College||1,812||600 Prospect St., Trinidad, Colorado 81082||(719) 846-5011|
Related to List of the Top Gunsmithing Schools in the U.S.
- Recently Updated
Online gunsmith courses are available at a limited number of schools. Topics include basic firearm maintenance and repair for...
Have you ever thought about how a blind person might use the Internet? What about a deaf person, or someone without the manual...
Whether you're a hand tool purist studying classical carpentry or a home improver trying to learn your way around a miter saw,...
Research diploma programs in dressmaking and design. This article provides an overview of the online diploma options in...
- Interior Design: Diploma Summary
- Fashion Design Teacher: Education Requirements and Career Info
- Multimedia Design Careers: Job Options and Career Requirements
- Automotive Product Design Schools and Colleges
- Public Security Administrator: Employment & Career Info
- Small Business Manager: Job Duties & Requirements
- Veterinary Pathologist: Job Outlook & Career Info
- Careers in Advertising Design: Job Options and Requirements
- Top School in Columbus, OH, for Graphic Art & Design
- Web Broker: Job Description, Requirements and Outlook
- Associate Degree Vs. Bachelor Degree in Accounting: What's the Difference?
- Vehicle Dynamics Certificate and Degree Program Information