Masters in Electronics Engineering: Degree Summaries
Read about educational alternatives for students who want to pursue master's degrees in electronics engineering. Explore a program summary as well as the requirements for admission. Check out a list of potential careers and browse continuing education information.
A master's degree in electronics engineering doesn't exist, but most schools offer a master's degree program in electrical engineering. This program is a suitable equivalent for those interested in developing advanced skills in the field of electronics design and development.
A Master of Science program in electrical engineering requires a related bachelor's degree. There are various concentrations available for the degree, including one in electronics engineering.
Many programs are tailored toward students already working in the electronics field who want to advance their knowledge in areas like analog electronics and solid state technology. A master's degree program in electrical engineering is demanding, and in order to graduate students must maintain a minimum GPA, such as a 3.0.
Most programs require that students hold a bachelor's degree in either electrical or computer engineering from an accredited school. Several letters of recommendation and copies of prior academic transcripts are also required. Some schools also require that the GRE exam be taken. International students may be asked to take the TOEFL.
Graduates of a master's degree program in electrical engineering will have advanced skills in all facets of electronics design and development. Focusing on topics such as robotics, optics and audio applications, the program is designed to prepare students for doctoral programs or careers involving electronics design. Coursework that helps provide these skills includes the following subjects:
- Global positioning systems
- Laboratory electronics
- Audio applications
- Electronic technology
- Radio electronics
- Consumer electronics
- Quality assurance
Popular Career Options
Graduates of a master's degree program are highly qualified for many jobs in the electronics field, whether in the research, development or testing of electrical control systems. Options include job titles such as:
- Automotive research engineer
- Senior project engineer
- Automation project engineer
- Director of new product management
- Sales engineer
- Development engineer
- Engineering technologist
- Electrical engineer
- Senior electronics engineer
Continuing Education Information
Graduates may choose to move on to a doctorate program. Many schools offer doctorate programs in electrical engineering as well as complementary specialties like engineering management, which trains the candidate to supervise groups of engineers. Both Ph.D. and Doctor of Engineering programs are available.
Related to Masters in Electronics Engineering: Degree Summaries
- Recently Updated
Read about electronics engineering bachelor's degree programs. Learn about curricula, areas of specialization, career options...
Read about two top U.S. schools with electronics engineering degree programs. Find out about school rankings, program...
Computer electronics engineering technology combines electronic fabrication, control systems and network systems to prepare...
Research the requirements to become an electronics engineering technician. Learn about the job description and duties, and read...
- Top University in Albuquerque for an Electronics Engineering Degree
- Online Electronics Engineering Degrees by Program Level
- AS in Electronics Engineering Technology: Degree Overview
- Medical Librarian: Job Description, Outlook and Requirements
- Top-Ranked Degree Program in San Antonio for Telecommunications
- Defense Attorney: Duties, Outlook and Requirements
- Careers in Turf Management: Job Options and Requirements
- Top Computer Engineering and Computer Electronics Degrees - Mesa, AZ
- Top Boise Electrical Engineering & Electronics Technology Degrees
- Media Planner: Job Description, Salary and Career Outlook
- Corporate Law Majors: Salary and Career Information
- Accounting Administrative Assistant Job Description and Career Info