Top School in Philadelphia with Medical Insurance Coding Courses
Students interested in studying medical insurance coding in Philadelphia have only a few schools to choose from. Read about the top local schools' programs, tuition and ranking info to find the right one for you.
School and Ranking Information
Most of the schools in or near Philadelphia that offer courses in medical insurance coding are for-profit institutions. Based on ranking, school population and student-to-faculty ratio, the following university is considered a top school in Philadelphia for medical insurance coding:
- Winner: Drexel University is the only postsecondary institution located directly in Philadelphia to offer a medical insurance coding program. It is also the largest (in terms of student population) and the only not-for-profit school in the Philadelphia area providing a relevant program. This certificate in medical billing and coding is offered through the university's College of Nursing and Health Professions.
School Info Chart
|Ranking||#95 (tied) Best National Universities (2015)*|
|School Type||4-year, private not-for-profit|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $37,505**|
|Medical Insurance Coding Programs Offered||Certificate|
|Medical Insurance Coding Certificates Awarded in 2012-2013||31**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||70%**|
|Noteworthy||Among the 15 largest private universities in the U.S.; one of two universities in Philadelphia to place among the top 100 universities in the U.S. by U.S. News and World Report***|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report; **NCES College Navigator; ***Drexel University
- 10:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Medical coding program offered fully online
- Coding certificate program prepares students to take national certification exams
Established in 1891, Drexel University offers approximately 200 degree and more than 100 certificate programs through 15 schools and colleges. The university serves more than 26,000 students per year. The Health Administration Department in the College of Nursing and Health Professions offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in health administration and health services administration, as well as a certificate in medical billing and coding.
Students in the 18-credit Medical Billing and Coding Certificate program must complete a total of six courses. They take courses addressing claim form filing, medical terminology, medical billing software and medical coding processes and classifications for both hospitals and physicians' offices. Coding for both in- and out-patient procedures will be studied, with an emphasis on the three main code manuals used in the industry that address coding in CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9-CM. The curriculum could include case study examinations in coding. This program is designed to be completed in one year.
Related to Top School in Philadelphia with Medical Insurance Coding Courses
- Recently Updated
Medical insurance coding is generally offered at 2-year colleges at the associate's degree, certificate or diploma level....
Learn how to become an insurance coding specialist. Research the job description and the education and certification...
Learn about the course topics and internship requirements of an associate's degree program in medical insurance billing and...
Learn about programs in medical insurance billing and coding, which can help students prepare for national certification exams....
- Medical Administrative - Insurance Specialist Certificate Program
- How to Become a Medical Insurance Specialist
- Certified Medical Insurance Specialist Course Overviews
- Career Information for a Degree in Commercial Photography
- Healthcare Consultant: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Job Description of a Heavy Construction Equipment Operator
- Top College in Augusta, GA, for Human Resources Classes
Perfect School Search
- A - I
- K - R
- S - Y
- Nearby States