Mentor Coordinator: Job Description, Duties and Salary
Research mentor coordinator career information. Learn about the job description, job duties and salary to make an informed decision about becoming a mentor coordinator.
Mentor Coordinator Job Description
Professionals in this career supervise mentor programs for various industries, organizations, agencies or educational institutions. Mentor coordinators often work with other management staff to determine the goals and needs of mentor programs. They train mentors and match them with designated individuals or students. Mentor coordinators often keep records of mentor program progress, and they might report this progress to supervisors or other groups.
Mentor Coordinator Job Duties
One of the key duties for mentor coordinators is identifying individuals who would make good mentors. Coordinators interview mentor candidates to find those who possess traits such as knowledge of an organization and the ability to instruct others. They then pair each mentor with a mentee and provide mentors with guidance concerning what to teach mentees. Mentor coordinators may even provide mentors with a list of goals that the mentor and mentee should accomplish throughout the course of the program.
Two other major job duties include monitoring and evaluating mentor/mentee relationships. Coordinators usually monitor these relationships through verbal communications, such as face-to-face or over-the-phone conversations. Indirect communication may include reviewing progress reports written by mentors. Coordinators also evaluate each mentor/mentee pair to determine if any changes must be made, such as reassigning the mentor or mentee. For many coordinators, part of the evaluation process includes writing reports about the success rates or failures of current programs. They also might document hours put in by mentors, particularly if the mentor is a student who's receiving course or volunteer credit for mentoring.
Mentor Coordinator Salary
Although salary figures specific to mentor coordinators aren't available, Salary.com does offer a figure for volunteer coordinators, a career that might include mentor coordinators. According to Salary.com, volunteer coordinators earned an average annual salary of $41,269 as of May 2012.
Related to Mentor Coordinator: Job Description, Duties and Salary
- Recently Updated
Several colleges around the country participate in Alternative Spring Break (ASB) programs, in which handfuls of their...
Research the requirements to become an infection control coordinator. Learn about the job duties, and read the...
There is no other program quite like the Eckerd College Search and Rescue Team (EC-SAR) in the U.S. EC-SAR students...
Learn how to become a library manager. Research the education requirements, training information and experience you...
- Event Coordinator Degree, Certificate and Certification Info
- Instructional Coordinator: Employment Info and Requirements for Becoming an Instructional Coordinator
- Certified Medical Staff Coordinator: Education and Certification Info
- Top Ranked School for International Business - Chicago, IL
- Top School for a Degree in Accounting and Finance - San Francisco, CA
- Top Degree Programs in Electronics - Anaheim, CA
- Top Degree Programs in Health Care Management - Denver, CO
- How to Become a Health Services Coordinator
- How to Become a Personal Care Coordinator
- Top School for a Degree in Architectural Drafting and Design - Albuquerque, NM
- Top University with a Marketing Degree Concentration - Jacksonville, FL
- Top Ranked Business Administration Degree Program - Milwaukee, WI