Occupational Therapy Aide: Online Diploma
Occupational therapy aide online courses typically cover theoretical topics in therapy, medicine and treatment. This article summarizes the more common distance learning courses that are available in online programs.
Occupational therapy (OT) aides, who provide clinical and clerical support to occupational therapy assistants (OTAs) and occupational therapists, usually receive on-the-job training. OT aide diploma and certificate programs are, therefore, uncommon. Available programs are typically as little as 12 weeks in duration. OT aide programs aren't accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
Students will need to supplement their online coursework with clinical rotations at hospitals, clinics or physicians' offices. They also will need to have access to updated technology need to complete coursework or tests online. Some programs require students to take final exams on a campus site.
List of Online Occupational Therapy Assistant Courses
The course descriptions below describe the typical curriculum for occupational therapy aide online programs.
Occupational Performance for Newborns to Adolescents
This course examines the physical and physiological development of humans from birth through their teens. Students learn to recognize problems and develop adaptive strategies.
Occupational Interventions for Newborns to Adolescents
Building on the previous class, this course provides an in-depth exploration of the conditions for which children are most often sent to occupational therapy. Students learn observation and assessment techniques, as well as how to teach patients exercises and adaptations.
Occupational Therapy for Adults
The fundamentals of adult biomechanics are presented here. Emphasis is placed on issues that negatively influence the mobility of adults, including aging, injuries, disease and work activities.
Practicing Therapeutic Interventions
This course provides an overview of the therapeutic process, including best practices. The organizational structure and division of labor in OT clinics and physician offices is also discussed.
Ethics in Occupational Therapy
Case study analysis is used as a framework to examine professional ethics, liability issues and clinical decisions. Participants also learn about the role of local and national professional organizations.
Related to Occupational Therapy Aide: Online Diploma
- Recently Updated
A Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program prepares individuals to work in a variety of clinical settings providing...
Occupational therapists (OTs) are healthcare professionals who evaluate, assess and implement rehabilitative programs. The role...
Occupational therapists help patients, who have a sustained an injury, enhance their life and job skills. Individuals...
Those wishing to learn more about physical, mental and emotional rehabilitation in centers, hospitals and clinics should...
- Occupational Therapist: How Do I Become an Occupational Therapy Professional
- Best Schools with Occupational Therapy Graduate Programs: List of Schools
- Occupational Therapy Majors: Information and Requirements
- Graduate Programs in Animal Behavior: Degree Information
- Drywall Framer: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Online Landscape Design Degree: Overview of Distance Learning Programs
- Mental Health Counselor Degree Program Information
- Occupational Therapy Continuing Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy: Program Summary
- Subcontracts Administrator: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Associate's in Medical Administrative Assisting: Degree Overview
- Online Financial Analysis Course and Class Descriptions