Ohio Careers: Top Career Opportunities in Ohio (OH)
Anyone interested in fast-growing Ohio careers should read this article. Brief facts and occupation projections are included so you know which Ohio occupations will be in demand in the years to come.
The major metropolitan areas of Ohio include Dayton, Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Akron, and Toledo. Columbus, the capital, has the most residents in the city proper; whereas, Cleveland has the largest metropolitan area with approximately 2,148,143 people according to Wikipedia, en.wikipedia.org. Machinery, rubber, steel, capital goods, soybeans, corn, and tomatoes are just some of the variety of goods produced or grown throughout Ohio.
The top six private employers in the state of Ohio according to America's Career Info Net, www.careerinfonet.org, are as follows:
- Proctor and Gamble Company
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Honda of America Manufacturing
- GE Aviation, and ABX Air Incorporated
The largest of these is McDonald's employing over 15,000 people.
The top ten projected fastest-growing jobs in Ohio in terms of numerical change through the year 2014 are as follows according to the Ohio Workforce Informer, www.ohioworkforceinformer.org:
- Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations
- Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations
- Healthcare Support Occupations
- Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners
- Education, Training, and Library Occupations
- Sales and Related Occupations
- Business and Financial Operations Occupations
- Transportation and Material Moving Occupations
- Food and Beverage Serving Workers
- Nursing, Psychiatric, and Home Health Aides
Numerical change is important to consider along percent change when determining how in-demand a career will be. Numerical change is the total number of projected openings minus the actual or base year number of openings per occupation. Percent change is how quickly that occupation is expected to be growing (higher percentage equals faster growth.) The above occupations are projected to have a high number of openings by the year 2014. For example, the number one occupation, 'healthcare practitioners and technical occupations', is expected to have 55,810 openings through the year 2014.
Related to Ohio Careers: Top Career Opportunities in Ohio (OH)
- Recently Updated
Adults who haven't finished high school and would like to take advantage of increased work opportunities should consider...
The University of Cincinnati is a public research university that's home to over 40,000 students. Through the university's...
It's tough living in somebody's shadow. Columbus, Ohio's Capital University deals with that issue every day; they have to...
With a population of nearly 298,000, based on 2013 U.S. Census Bureau estimates, Cincinnati is the third largest city in Ohio....
- Dayton, Ohio Education and City Information
- Kettering, Ohio Education and City Information
- Ohio (OH): Colleges and Universities Overview
- Top University in Baltimore for Accounting Degrees
- Top School for Interior Design - Los Angeles, CA
- Best Business Degree Programs - Arlington, VA
- Top Healthcare Administration Degrees - Phoenix, AZ
Perfect School Search
- A - C
- C - M
- N - Y
- Nearby States