Oklahoma Job Outlook: Top Growing Career Opportunities in Oklahoma (OK)
If you are looking to relocate to Oklahoma, or you just want to know what types of high demand careers are already available right outside your door, this article is for you. Brief economic facts and occupation projections for the state of Oklahoma are contained in this article.
Aside from the fact that much of Oklahoma's economy is based upon fuel and crop production, many major corporate and regional headquarters are located in Oklahoma according to Wikipedia, en.wikipedia.org. The state capital and largest city, Oklahoma City itself, houses headquarters to such prestigious names as Hertz Corporation, Hobby Lobby, AT&T, and Sonic Drive-In.
Oklahoma boasts a large list of companies and organizations that employ thousands of the state's residents. Some of the top employers in the Oklahoma according to America's Career Info Net, www.careerinfonet.org, are:
- St. John Medical Center
- University of Oklahoma
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company
- Tinker Air Force Base
These are just some of the many specialized and non-specialized industries adding to Oklahoma's economy.
The top ten occupations projected through 2012 to have a lot of openings (according to the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission, www.oesc.state.ok.us) are as follows: (The occupations are listed in no particular order and are not filtered by educational requirements or training.)
- Waiters and Waitresses
- Registered Nurses
- General and Operations Managers
- Customer Service Representatives
- Janitors and Cleaners (minus maids and housekeepers)
- Retail Salespersons
- Food Preparation and Serving Workers, including fast food
- Office Clerks
- Laborers and Movers (freight, stock, and material)
Bear in mind that an occupation's number of openings is important to consider along with its percentage growth. It's entirely possible for an occupation to have a large number of job openings while still having very little growth.
Related to Oklahoma Job Outlook: Top Growing Career Opportunities in Oklahoma (OK)
- Recently Updated
Paul Whiteley, professor of politics at the University of Essex, recently released an analysis of the relationship between the...
The European University Association recently released a report on the impact the economic crisis has had on financing for...
Elinor Ostrom became the first woman honored with the Nobel Prize for Economic Science. Ostrom teaches at Indiana University,...
The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) released the results of a survey exploring the performance of...
- College Finance: The Three Types of Economic Indicators
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Economic Crime Investigation Degree Overview
- Economic Development Degree Program Information
- Texas (TX): Colleges, Universities, and Career Schools
- Top School in Sacramento for a Psychology Degree
- Top Computer Information Technology Degrees - Phoenix, AZ
- Top Ranked Public Administration Degree - Cincinnati, OH