Online Certificate Courses in Early Childhood Counseling
Online courses in counseling, early childhood development and family studies are available through many accredited universities. These courses are usually offered as part of degree programs.
Courses in early childhood counseling are available through several types of degree programs, such as early childhood education, early childhood care, family studies and counseling. These programs are available at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and some schools offer their programs partially online. Completing a full program usually requires some in-person fieldwork as well. Online graduate certificate programs specifically in early childhood counseling are also offered, though they're rare.
Online Early Childhood Counseling Courses
Below are some of the courses related to early childhood counseling that can be found online.
Childhood Development Course
A childhood development course is essential to an early childhood counseling program. Students learn how to create safe, educational environments that promote the development of infants and toddlers. Observation and reporting skills are learned through a series of online course modules. Communication and developmental guidance skills are emphasized in this course.
Children with Special Needs Course
As one of the introductory courses for counseling programs, this course teaches students about the different types of special needs that may arise in children, such as ADHD, autism and brain injuries. Students learn how to diagnose a mental or learning disability, sometimes using online case studies for reference. Students research the importance of catching these disabilities early and working with doctors and families to promote healthy development.
Families in Counseling Course
This online course can be taken anytime during a program. Depending on the focus of study, students examine how culture and family play a role in child development; how families influence the emotional and psychological development of children; or how family structure affects child development. Students look at violence in the home, divorce, siblings, income and housing to distinguish the home-life of a child.
While nutrition may not seem like a typical counseling topic, proper nutrition is the cornerstone to the healthy development of children. In this course, students research foods, minerals and vitamins and their relationship to illnesses, development and mental health in children (and adults). Students study the composition of proper diets and menus to provide a solid base for physical, mental and emotional development in children.
Through a series of online lectures, videos and readings, students learn to examine the cognitive development of infants and toddlers. Also considered is the importance of play to cognitive development. Students learn techniques to aid in cognition and language acquisition. This course fits into any point of an early childhood counseling curriculum.
Related to Online Certificate Courses in Early Childhood Counseling
- Recently Updated
Advanced childhood counseling topics are studied as part of a curriculum in a Ph.D. in counseling degree program. Although...
Students interested in studying psychology in the Honolulu area have only a few schools to choose from. Read about the top...
Learn about certificate and degree programs designed to provide basic or further training in bereavement counseling. Read...
Explore the many career paths available to graduates of a master's degree program in community counseling. Find out what these...
- Behavioral Health Counseling Jobs: Options and Requirements
- Graduate Degrees in Early Childhood Education: Program Options
- Careers in Forensic Psychology: Overview of Options
- Career Information for a Degree in Environmental Studies
- Informatics Coordinator: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Property Appraiser: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Continuing Education (CE) Requirements for Pharmacy Technicians
- Behavioral Interventionist: Job Description, Duties and Salary
- Certified Psychiatrist: Job Description & Requirements
- Joinery Apprenticeships: Program Information and Requirements
- Wedding Photographer: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Top School for an International Business Degree - Austin, TX
- Video Camera Operator Employment Information and Requirements for Becoming a Video Camera Operator
- American School Chicago IL
- Master of Business Administration MBA Accounting and Information Systems Degree Overview
- Commercial Art Professions Job Description and Information About Starting a Career As a Commercial Artist or Commercial Designer