Online Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Classes and Courses
Occupational therapy assistants (OTAs) help people regain the skills required for adequate daily functioning. People interested in becoming certified OTAs can take some of their courses online through programs at various academic institutions.
Most individuals in need of occupational therapy have experienced a physical injury or have a disability that has disrupted their ability to care for themselves. Because labs and fieldwork experience are included in program requirements, not all components of these program are available online. However, several academic institutions do provide online course opportunities within their occupational therapy assistant programs. Topics of study include therapeutic techniques, record keeping and ethical guidelines.
List of Online Occupational Therapy Assistant Courses
Below are some of the courses that can be found through a partially online OTA program.
Introduction to Occupational Therapy Course
As an overview of the field of occupational therapy, this online course provides foundational information concerning the history of the profession and ethical guidelines from which it is practiced. Responsibilities of occupational therapy assistants and the various populations served by OTAs are introduced and discussed.
Health Care Provider Basics Course
As health care providers, OTAs must be familiar with specific legal requirements of practice and exhibit certain skills and abilities. This online course introduces students to HIPAA regulations, common medical terminology and infection control procedures required of all health care providers.
Physical Disabilities Course
Occupational therapy assistants participate in the evaluation, treatment and assessment of patients with physical disabilities. In this course, students learn the importance of record keeping and communication skills, especially when working with diverse populations, in the successful treatment of those with physical dysfunctions and disabilities.
Therapeutic Activities Course
Through this online course, aspiring OTAs learn various techniques and assessment methods used in occupational therapy assistance. They're introduced to the use of crafting as a form of therapy, in addition to learning about the benefits of videotaping to improve a patient's body mechanics.
Related to Online Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Classes and Courses
- Recently Updated
Research occupational therapy assistant associate's degree programs. Get information about courses, licensing options,...
Occupational therapy assistants provide treatments to individuals in need of physical recuperation. Those interested in this...
Occupational therapy assistants help mentally and physically impaired patients, as well as those with emotional and...
A pediatric occupational therapy assistant works closely with certified occupational therapists to help children improve their...
- Online Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification Info
- Associate in Specialized Technology - Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Online Occupational Therapy Assistant Schools: How to Choose
- Schools for Aspiring Transportation Managers: How to Choose
- Schools for Aspiring Biotechnicians: How to Choose
- How Long Is a Master's in Computer Engineering Degree Program?
- Kitchen Management Schools and Colleges: How to Choose
- Master of Science (MS): Occupational Therapy Degree Overview
- Career Information for a Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Careers with a Masters in Taxation: Employment Options for Graduates
- Colleges for Aspiring Government Contract Specialists: How to Choose
- Schools with Pyrotechnics Programs and Courses: How to Choose
- Behavioral Health Degrees
- Top Rated School with Degree Programs in Multimedia - Santa Barbara CA
- Pharmacy Tech Certification Top School for Becoming a Certified Pharmacy Technician - Baltimore MD
- Technology Management Degrees Top Ranked College for a Career in MIS and Technical Management - Tucson AZ