Online Christian Graduate Programs: Degree Options
Like public schools, private Christian colleges offer contemporary learning options, such as online degree programs and flexible scheduling. Several Christian graduate schools across the country provide both religious and secular master's and doctoral degree programs online.
Online Christian Graduate Degree Program Options
Accredited graduate programs at a Christian university meet the same academic requirements as other private or public universities. Christian schools may also include religious majors, minors or required courses. Online graduate programs at Christian colleges nationwide include master's-level programs in business, arts and sciences, as well as theology, education and Christian counseling. Some Christian schools also offer online Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) and Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) programs.
Online Master's Degree Programs
One of the most popular online master's degree programs, the Master of Business Administration, is offered at many Christian schools. Christian MBA programs include specialization in areas like accounting, finance and international business. Other online master's degree programs offered by Christian colleges and related to religion include:
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministries
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies
- Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy
- Master of Religious Education
- Master of Sacred Theology
Online Doctoral Degree Programs
Doctoral degree programs require dedication to graduate studies, and many colleges strongly encourage students to participate in courses on campus. However, students may find a variety of accredited online or blended doctoral degree programs at private religious institutions. Many of these programs allow students to complete daily lectures and assignments online, but require them to meet on campus yearly for residencies or intensives. Examples of distance learning degrees conferred through Christian universities include:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Theology and Apologetics
- Doctor of Education in Behavioral Health
- Doctor of Ministry in Pastoral Counseling
- Doctor of Biblical Studies
- Doctor of Christian Entrepreneurship
- Doctor of Divine Healing
- Doctor of Worship Ministry
Christian Education Integration
Many Christian colleges and universities include theological teaching in their online degree programs. However, some Christian schools offer a mixture of religious and secular education, basing the foundation of the school's mission on religious beliefs and values.
Christian Education Resources
Christian education associations exist in many states, providing students with information on higher education, school accreditation and scholarship listings. Several Christian colleges and universities receive regional accreditation by the same agencies that accredit public schools; however, many receive national accreditation, which requires the same level of integrity and standards as regional accreditation.
Related to Online Christian Graduate Programs: Degree Options
- Recently Updated
Learn how to become a Christian counselor. Research the job description and the education and licensing requirements and find...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a minister. Get a quick view of the requirements as well as details...
Fort Worth is the fifth-largest city in Texas and one of the top 20-largest in the U.S. Fort Worth is home to several nonprofit...
Research the requirements to become a Christian minister. Learn about the job description and duties, and read the step-by-step...
- Christian Studies: Adult Education Programs
- Christian Art: Information About Becoming a Christian Artist
- Top School in Minneapolis for Computer Animation Courses
- Medical File Clerk: Job Description and Requirements
- Forensic Morgue Technician: Job Descriptions and Requirements
- Chief Station Engineer: Job Description, Duties and Outlook
- Online Teacher: Educational Requirements for Teaching Online Courses