Online Christian Graduate Programs: Degree Options
Like public schools, private Christian colleges offer contemporary learning options, such as online degree programs and flexible scheduling. Several Christian graduate schools across the country provide both religious and secular master's and doctoral programs online.
What Types of Christian Graduate Degree Programs Are Available Online?
Accredited graduate programs at a Christian university meet the same academic requirements as other private or public universities. Christian schools may also include religious majors, minors or required courses. Online graduate programs at Christian colleges nationwide include masters-level programs in business, arts and sciences, as well as theology, education and christian counseling. Some Christian schools also offer online Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) and Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) programs.
Online Master's Degree Programs
One of the most popular online master's program, the Master of Business Administration, is offered at many Christian schools. Christian MBAs include specialization in areas like accounting, finance and international business. Other online master's programs offered by Christian colleges include:
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministries
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy
- Master of Religious Education
- Master of Sacred Theology
Online Doctorate Degree Programs
Doctoral degree programs require dedication to graduate studies, and many colleges strongly encourage students to participate in courses on-campus. Some exceptions exist, and students may find a variety of accredited online or blended doctoral programs. Examples of distance learning degrees conferred through Christian universities include:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Theology and Apologetics
- Doctor of Education in Behavioral Health
- Doctor of Ministry in Pastoral Counseling
- Doctor of Philosophy in Communication
- Doctor of Biblical Studies
- Doctor of Christian Entrepreneurship
- Doctor of Divine Healing
- Doctor of Worship Ministry
Christian Education Online
Many Christian colleges and universities include theological teaching in their online degree programs. However, some Christian schools offer a mixture of religious and secular education, basing the foundation of the school's mission on religious beliefs and values.
Christian education associations exist in many states, providing students with information on higher education, school accreditation and scholarship listings. Several Christian colleges and universities receive regional accreditation by the same agencies that accredit public schools; however, many receive national accreditation, which require the same level of integrity and standards as regional accreditation, and must often adhere to specific Christian values or practices.
Related to Online Christian Graduate Programs: Degree Options
- Recently Updated
Learn how to become a Christian counselor. Research the job description and the education and licensing requirements and find...
Ministers are Christian clergy involved in helping people with their spiritual well-being. Usually working for churches in...
Forth Worth, Texas is a large community (534,694 residents in 2000) with a population composed of 45.8% White Non-Hispanic,...
Research the requirements to become a Christian minister. Learn about the job description and duties, and read the step-by-step...
- Christian Studies: Adult Education Programs
- Christian Art: Information About Becoming a Christian Artist
- Top School in Minneapolis for Computer Animation Courses
- Digital Editing Professional: Job Description & Career Info
- Distance Learning Instructor: Job Duties & Career Info
- Telecom Technician: Career Information for Becoming a Telecom Tech
- Commercial Property Manager: Job Duties & Requirements