Online Courses and Classes in Visual Merchandising
Fully online visual merchandising courses are usually found at the certificate and undergraduate degree levels. Visual merchandising courses are commonly offered as part of degree programs in fields like fashion merchandising.
Visual merchandising courses prepare students to design and arrange a store or brand's products in order to maximize sales. Online courses in visual merchandising are typically found as part of associate's or bachelor's degree programs in fashion merchandising or visual merchandising. Some standalone courses are available, usually resulting in a certificate.
List of Online Courses
Below are some of the online courses available in visual merchandising.
Fashion History Course
In this class, students discuss fashion development and trends throughout history. They learn how fashion was affected throughout history by factors including culture and politics.
Textiles and Fabrics Course
A familiarity and knowledge of different types of fabric and materials is needed in visual merchandising. Textile and fabric sources, trends and forecasts are studied in this class. Students conduct an in-depth study of the process of creating a fashion item, examining yarns, fibers, dyes and finishes.
Design Fundamentals Course
Students learn how to implement their imagination and creativity in order to cultivate their creative processes in this class. Designing elements, materials and methods are all taught. An introduction to typography, in which students learn how to set correct type size and style to convey effective visual imagery, is also discussed.
Business Management Course
This course provides students with an introduction into business management, focusing on retail management fundamentals. The four principles of management, including planning and organizing, are examined. Students learn about essential store planning elements, such as traffic patterns, furnishings and security, and how these elements contribute to successful store layout design.
Marketing Principles Course
The course features an analysis of social and economic factors that affect a marketplace and sales. It teaches students the key role of creative marketing in promotion and advertisement. Students learn how to conduct market research and competitor analysis.
Related to Online Courses and Classes in Visual Merchandising
- Recently Updated
Pittsburgh has few schools with programs in retail management. Find the best program for you by reading about school rankings,...
Learn how to become a merchandising professor. Research the education requirements, training information and experience...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a merchandising manager. Get a quick view of the requirements as...
For information on educational and occupational requirements for those pursuing a career in Merchandising, Marketing, Sales and...
- Retail Merchandise Manager: Career & Education Summary
- Top Retail Management & Merchandising Program in Knoxville, TN
- Merchandising Director: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Top Rated CAD Design Courses and Degree Programs - Oxnard, CA
- Top Medical Assisting School - Cincinnati, OH
- Top Ranked Medical Services Administration Degrees - Fort Worth, TX
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic: Training and Career Information
- Bachelor of Visual Merchandising: Degree Overview
- Online Fashion Merchandising Degree Program Information by Level
- Instrumentation Design Engineer: Job Description and Requirements
- Career Information for a Degree in Natural Resource Management
- Top University in Seattle for an Information Systems Degree