Online General Contractor Courses, Classes and Training Programs
General contractors are essentially construction managers and typically deal with subcontractors for completion of work. Learn about some of the most commonly offered online courses and classes for general contractors.
General contractors are responsible for overseeing construction, demolition or renovation projects to completion, including the handling of materials, labor and tools. Most states require general contractors to be licensed. Many online courses for general contractors are part of undergraduate and graduate certificate or degree programs in construction management. Others may be offered for license exam preparation purposes or continuing education credits.
Courses and classes for aspiring general contractors are available fully online through a variety of colleges and technical schools. Some courses may also be offered in hybrid format, with seminars, internships or other hands-on training requirements.
List of Online General Contractor Courses
The following course descriptions detail the usual curriculum of common online courses for general contractors.
Construction Management Course
Students learn managerial aspects of contracting in this course. Topics include resource management, legal issues and financial planning for a firm in relation to the construction industry as a whole.
Construction Cost Estimating Course
A range of construction cost estimation methods including computerized takeoff techniques and final bid estimates are taught to students of this course. The course also covers contracting business management topics, such as risk, competition and performance.
Project Control Course
This class focuses on project implementation methodology using project management software. Students learn scheduling and budgetary development as well as behavioral considerations for efficient and effective construction project control. This course may involve supervised training.
Legal Aspects of Construction Management Course
Here, students learn about the rules and regulations governing construction project operation, including construction law and code compliance. Contract responsibilities and liabilities of contractors, owners, engineers and third-party subcontractors are discussed in detail.
Related to Online General Contractor Courses, Classes and Training Programs
- Recently Updated
Learn how to become a systems contractor. Research the relevant technical career education and licensure you will need to start...
Learn how to become a snow removal contractor. Research the job duties and the licensing requirements and find out how to start...
General contractors are responsible for overseeing construction projects and hiring the subcontractors needed to complete the...
Learn about what education general contractors need to get started. Also, get information on job skills, salary and career...
- Learn to Be an Insulation Contractor: Education and Career Information
- Become a Conditioning Contractor: Education and Career Roadmap
- How to Become an Industrial Insulation Contractor
- Hydrology Engineer: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Acquisition Management Degree and Certification Information
- Residential Design Degree and Certification Program Options
- Sonogram Technician Degree and Training Program Information
- How to Become a Security Contractor: Education and Career Info
- Be a Satellite Contractor: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- Bioanalytical Chemistry Education and Training Program Information
- Business Systems Analyst Certificate and Degree Program Information
- Biomedical Mathematics Education and Training Program Information