Online Nail Technician Courses and Classes Overview
Some nail technician courses are available online and offer students the opportunity to learn nail care for personal or professional use. Students learn to perform services that include manicures, pedicures, sculpted and artificial nail application and more.
Nail technician courses are offered at many trade schools and colleges. Because of the hands-on nature of this field, some nail courses require lab session, studio work or an internship as part of the curriculum.
Students enrolled in nail technician courses can earn a nail care technician certificate or expand their education by pursuing an associate's degree in cosmetology. Similar to cosmetologists, nail technicians are required to earn a state license in order to practice.
List of Online Nail Technicians Courses
Below are some online nail technician courses found at 2-year colleges.
Body Systems and Diseases Course
Coursework covers the physiology of nails, hair and skin. Students learn about different nail, hair and skin disorders and will be able to determine which are treatable and which need the care of a physician.
Pre-clinic Introduction Course
Cosmetology students will gain an introduction to nail technology, skin care and cosmetology. Students learn the importance of sanitation and safety, state regulations and laws and professionalism.
Clinic Introduction - Nails Course
This course helps students develop the practical skills required to perform basic nail care. Students learn about manicures, pedicures, cleaning, basic nail conditioning and the application of artificial, sculpted or acrylic nails.
Nail Tech Theory Course
Students in this course complete the apprenticeship required to prepare for state license as a registered nail technician. Students learn the theory and principles of nail care and typically use this course as part of their on-the-job training with a licenses employer. Upon completion, students are ready to sit for the state board examination.
Related to Online Nail Technician Courses and Classes Overview
- Recently Updated
Nail technicians, also known as manicurists/pedicurists, offer extensive beautification services to the nails of their clients....
Learn how to become a nail technician. Research the education and career requirements, licensure information and experience...
Find out how to become a nail technician. Research the education and training requirements, and learn about the experience you...
Manicurists, also known as nail technicians, begin their careers by studying nail technology or cosmetology. They can then then...
- Nail Technician: Overview of Nail Technician Career Education
- Nail Technician Training Program Information
- Acrylic Nail Technician School and Course Information
- Sustainable Energy Technologist: Job Duties & Career Requirements
- Rebar Worker: Job Description and Info About a Career As a Rebar Worker
- Commercial Property Manager: Job Duties & Requirements
- HTML Programmer: Employment & Career Info
- Online Nail Technician Certification and Certificate Program Information
- Beautician: Job Description, Outlook and Requirements
- Clinical Epidemiologist: Job Description, Duties, Outlook and Salary
- Foreign Trade Analyst: Job & Career Info
- Career Information for a Degree in Occupational Safety Technologies